Make this super easy No-Bake Strawberry Cream Pie with just a few simple ingredients! Melissa has the perfect recipe for picnics or summer parties!
Hey, it’s Melissa here from Beautiful Life and Home! Today I’ve got a great dessert for you that is easy to make and so pretty, too!
You know when you're craving something super sweet, but you just don't want to turn the oven on? This is the perfect solution to your summertime sweets cravings! You will definitely want to plan ahead for this delicious treat – check out how to pull this no-bake strawberry cream pie together.
INGREDIENTS FOR NO-BAKE STRAWBERRY CREAM PIE
First, you’ll need to make the graham cracker crust. For that, you need:
- Graham crackers
- Melted butter
For the filling, you’ll need:
- Package of strawberry Jello
- Cool Whip
- Water in various forms (boiling, cold, and ice cubes)
CAN I JUST USE A STORE-BOUGHT CRUST?
You can, but those crusts are in small aluminum pie tins, and this recipe makes a LOT of filling. If you choose to use store-bought crusts, I suggest making two pies.
CAN I USE REAL WHIPPED CREAM?
Yes you can! If you want to make your own whipped cream with heavy whipping cream, you can just whip one cup of heavy whipping cream with 1 teaspoon of vanilla and 2-4 tablespoons of sugar. This will make about two cups of whipped cream.
You can even make sugar-free whipped cream! When it’s mixed in with the other ingredients in the pie, nobody will be able to tell the difference.
HOW TO MAKE STRAWBERRY CREAM PIE
First, let’s make the delicious graham cracker crust. I think the crust may be my favorite part! This recipe does not skimp on the graham crackers, so you get a nice, thick crust.
You’ll need to pulverize a whole package of graham crackers (9 sheets) so that you get a cup and a half of crumbs. I use my Ninja, but you can also use a food processor, or even put the crackers in a sealable plastic bag and smash them with a rolling pin.
Then add granulated sugar, cinnamon, and the melted butter. You can add everything to your food processor, or pour the graham cracker crumbs in a bowl and stir in the sugar, cinnamon, and melted butter.
Mix it all together and dump into a 9-inch pie plate.
Now use the back of a spoon to spread out the crumb mixture and press it up the sides of the pie plate.
Place the pie plate into the refrigerator when your crust is fully-formed. This allows the butter to solidify and bind everything together.
Doesn't that look delicious? Now, on to the filling!
HOW TO MAKE THE STRAWBERRY CREAM FILLING
Place 2/3 cup of water in a microwave-safe bowl or cup and microwave on high for one minute. This should make the water boil. Meanwhile, pour the contents of a 3-ounce package of strawberry Jello into a large heat-proof bowl.
Pour the boiling water into the bowl with the Jello powder. Stir until the Jello is dissolved. Then add ½ cup of cold water and ½ cup of ice cubes.
Stir until all the ice cubes are melted. Place in the refrigerator to set up slightly. You want your Jello to be slightly jiggly before you stir in the Cool Whip. If your Jello is runny or soupy, your pie won’t set up.
Check the Jello often to make sure it doesn’t set up TOO much, or you’ll have trouble stirring in the Cool Whip. Once the Jello is the right consistency, add the Cool Whip.
Gently fold the Cool Whip in with the Jello. Once everything is incorporated, add sliced strawberries.
Fold the strawberries in until they are evenly distributed. Then pour the whole mixture into your chilled graham cracker crust. The mixture will be piled high!
Oh man, that looks so good!
REFRIGERATE PIE TO CHILL
Loosely cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least six hours, or overnight. When ready to serve, remove the plastic wrap, cut into slices, and use a pie server to transfer to a plate. Top with extra whipped cream and strawberries if desired.
This pie does take some advanced planning because of the chill time required. It’s a great dessert to make a day ahead of time. So creamy and luscious and gorgeous! Perfect for summer when you want to keep cool in your kitchen!
This recipe was adapted from No-Bake Strawberry & Cream Pie on The Recipe Critic.
No-Bake Strawberry Cream Pie
Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs 9 sheets of graham crackers, pulverized
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup (5 1/3 Tablespoon) butter melted
Strawberry Cream Filling
- 1 (3-ounce) package Strawberry Jello
- 2/3 cup boiling water
- ½ cup cold water
- ½ cup ice cubes
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1 pound (about 4 cups) fresh strawberries sliced
For the crust:
- Use a food processor or blender to pulverize the graham cracker crumbs.
- Pour the crumbs into a bowl and add the ¼ cup of sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and 1/3 cup melted butter. Mix.
- Pour the crumb mixture into a 9-inch pie plate. Press into the bottom and up the sides of the plate.
- Place in the refrigerator to chill.
For the filling:
- Pour the strawberry Jello powder into a large heat-proof bowl.
- Pour the 2/3 cup boiling water into the Jello and stir until the Jello is dissolved.
- Add ½ cup cold water and ½ cup ice cubes. Stir until the ice cubes are dissolved.
- If the Jello is runny, put in the refrigerator to set up just until it barely starts to jiggle.
- Add the entire tub of Cool Whip to the Jello. Fold in.
- Add the sliced strawberries and fold in.
- Transfer the filling into the graham cracker crust.
- Cover loosely with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least six hours or overnight.
Alright, well there you have it! Let me know how you like it in the comments!
Have you checked out ShelfCooking.com yet? Our brand new site is dedicated to helping you cook delicious, nutritious and budget-friendly meals for your family without slaving away in the kitchen!
Basically every parent's dream, right? Join our Shelf Cooking Community today!
Looking for more recipes?
- This Instant Pot Hawaiian chicken and rice meal is sure to please your family!
- Here are some cheap party food ideas that are sure to please a crowd.
- After getting food from the party food ideas, here are some great ways to reuse the leftover party food!
- This one dish chicken broccoli rice casserole is such an easy and delicious meal to whip up.
- If you like sweet potatoes, then you need to try out this sweet potato breakfast bowl!
Hi, I'm Melissa! I help women like you create a beautiful life and home through the magic of cooking, the thrill of home organization, and the joy of discovering your personal style. Join me today on my site Beautiful Life and Home for your free gifts! Smiles and hugs, every day!