Pesky sticker residue got you feeling stuck? Fear not, friend, we're here to save the day! We'll show you how to remove sticker residue off of just about anything.
Move aside Goo Gone, we've got a cheaper way to remove that sicker residue. Best part? We're going to show you how to do it using things you have at home already! Yep, you heard that right!
*Note: When you click the links in this post, we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
From windows, to clothes, metal, and plastic, nothing will escape our sticker reside fighting wrath! Keep on reading and show you our 7 tried and true hacks to get rid of that sticker residue for good! Just remember, with any of these methods, it's best to test a small area before going all in so you know it won't damage or stain the item.
HOW TO REMOVE STICKER RESIDUE FROM GLASS, METAL, AND PLASTIC
You walk into your bedroom to see the kids put stickers all over your window… Oh, the horror! As carefully as you try, those bad boys just will not come off without leaving their dreaded sticky residue behind. Well friends, let sticker residue on windows be a thing of the past with these awesome ways to get it off fast!
- Hair Dryer – Yep, believe it or not, a hair dryer is a super easy way to remove sticker residue from glass, metal, and even plastic. Just hold the dryer over the residue with high heat until the residue softens enough to easily wipe off.
- Rubbing Alcohol – Soak a rag or paper towel and rub the sticker residue with it until it comes off.
- Plastic Scraper – Skip the metal blade which could scratch the surface and use a plastic scraper instead. A credit card works great!
- Soap and Hot Water – If the item is small enough, immerse it in a sink full of hot soapy water. This will loosen the sticker residue and make it easier to rub off.
- Vegetable Oil – Dab the corner of a rag or cloth in vegetable oil and rub the sticker residue in a circular motion until it's gone!
See, easy peasy! These methods will solve your problem without costing you a penny!
REMOVING STICKER RESIDUE FROM CLOTHES
If you've ever accidentally washed a kid shirt with a sticker on it (been there, done that…) then you know how impossible it is to remove the leftover residue. Well, not anymore! Here are some of our best tips to remove that pesky sticker residue from clothing.
- Freezer Method – Place your clothing in the freezer and let it sit a while. Immediately pick off as much of the sticker residue as possible then use warm, soapy water to get the rest.
- Alcohol – This method is NOT for all clothes. Alcohol will remove the dye in many clothing items, so be absolutely sure to spot test before trying this last resort option.
Once you have successfully removed the sticker residue from the clothing, wash as you normally would!
MORE HOUSEHOLD ITEMS THAT REMOVE STICKER RESIDUE
Here are some more awesome household products that can help get rid of that sticker residue for good! Don't forget to spot test to make sure it wont ruin your item, though!
- Rubber Eraser
- Petroleum Jelly
- Hand Lotion
- Hair Spray
- Nail Polish Remover
- Baby Oil
- Peanut Butter
- Cooking Spray
- Goo Gone
- Mr. Clean Magic Eraser
- Furniture Polish
- Eucalyptus Oil
- Tea Tree Oil
Now that you know exactly how to remove sticker residue with these basic (and cheap!) household items, you're unstoppable, lady! No more hopelessly tossing things in the trash. Instead, get that residue off and make it good as new!
What's your go-to method for removing sticker residue? Tell us in the comments below!
Want more life hacks and money saving tips?
- These 20+ home hacks will save you money and sanity!
- Learn how to have a fun family game night at home and save big!
- Need a technology detox? We'll show you how to do it!