Spring is here, Summer is fast approaching…time for vacation! For today's “Replay Thursday” replayed savings tip, I thought I'd re-post this one about saving money on flights:
Click HERE for the original post
Flying can be a blessing AND a curse.
Lately it seems much more like a curse because of all those hidden, little, and annoying fees the airlines charge! Save money where you can when it comes to flying!
Here are some tips I've put together that you've gotta try next time you fly to save you mucho dinero:
- Fly on a Wednesday when you can. Why? Studies have shown it's the cheapest day to fly!
- If you can't fly on a Wednesday, Tuesdays and Saturdays are the next best days.
- Avoid Fridays and Sundays – those are the most expensive days to fly.
- The best time to shop for and buy airline tickets is on Tuesdays at 3:00EST.
- Most sales that are put up on Tuesdays are taken down by Thursday, so if you are buying airline tickets over the weekend then you're probably paying too much.
- If there is more than one person flying in your party, buy each ticket separately. Airlines are required to sell everyone in your party the same price on tickets, so if you split them up you could possibly find cheaper fares. Average out the cost throughout your party if needed.
- Be flexible with dates. Check at least one day before or after your preferred arrival/departure date and you could save major bucks!
- Check multiple airlines. The one you usually fly on may not have the best deal. You can even use a site like Priceline.com to compare all airlines for you, or you can bid for a price.
- Sign up for airlines' email lists. You'll be notified of special sales.
- I love flying Southwest because they don't charge for bags! Be sure to download DING. It pops up on your computer and notifies you of crazy amazing deals. I just got a ticket from Salt Lake to Portland for $66!
- Try to travel at the “not so popular” times of year. February, September/October, and beginning of December are great times of year to get killer deals.