This Pumpkin Cream Cheese Dip from Melissa is sweet and savory, filled with pecans, bacon, and green onions. Serve it at your Fall parties and watch it disappear!
Hey Freebs! It's Melissa with Beautiful Life and Home here to wish you a happy Fall! It is time for pumpkin EVERYTHING! Like Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins, Pumpkin Pie French Toast, and Chocolate Swirl Pumpkin Bread! It's seriously so amazing how versatile pumpkin is. Each year, I usually buy a big pumpkin and make my own pumpkin puree, which means I have a LOT of bags of pumpkin puree. While Fall screams all things pumpkin, I definitely use pumpkin all during the year as the craving strikes!
*Note: When you click the links in this post, we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
One thing that is always on my list of things to make is this Pumpkin Cream Cheese Dip. You can use it with vegetables and crackers, but my absolute favorite dipper is sliced apples! The mix of the savory bacon and the crunch of the pecans along with the slightly sweet and spicy flavors of maple syrup and cinnamon… Mmmmmm, yes please!
HOW TO MAKE PUMPKIN CREAM CHEESE DIP
You can have this dip thrown together in a snap! Follow these few instructions and you'll be snacking on a delicious pumpkin-y food in no time.
MAKE THE PUMPKIN PUREE MIXTURE
First, you'll want to mix two cups of pumpkin puree with brown sugar, maple syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg, lemon juice, and salt. Use a fairly large bowl, because you're going to be adding a bunch more to this.
Basically, what you're making here is “pumpkin butter” (although there is no actual butter involved). Once you've mixed up the pumpkin with the spices, remove half a cup. Put it in an airtight container in the fridge. Then spread it on toast later. 🙂
MAKE IT CREAMY
Now you need to add in softened cream cheese. It's best if you mix it in with a hand mixer or stand mixer. Even when the cream cheese is soft, you might still be left with some little lumps. That's okay! Nobody has ever complained. 😉
ADD IN THE SAVORY
After the cream cheese is all mixed in, drop in chopped pecans, green onions and crumbled bacon. If you don't have regular bacon, or don't feel like cooking some for this, you can use bacon bits instead. I would suggest using ½ cup of bacon bits if you go this route.
Now mix everything together, and you're done! You can make this a day in advance to allow the flavors to really develop in the fridge overnight.
When you're planning what to do with all that pumpkin this year, be sure to add this Pumpkin Cream Cheese Dip to your “must make” list!
PUMPKIN CREAM CHEESE DIP RECIPE
If these pictures don't have your mouth watering, then I don't know what will! Are you ready to make this recipe yet?!
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Dip
- 2 cups (1 15-ounce can) Pumpkin Puree
- ½ cup Brown Sugar, loosely packed
- 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- ⅛ tsp Salt (or just a sprinkle)
- 8 oz Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 cup Pecans, chopped
- 4 slices Bacon, cooked until crispy and crumbled
- 2 Green Onions, chopped
- In a large bowl, mix together the 2 cups of pumpkin puree, ½ cup of brown sugar, 2 tablespoons of maple syrup, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, ⅛ teaspoon of nutmeg, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, and a sprinkle of salt.
- Remove ½ cup of the pumpkin mixture and reserve for a separate use.
- Add the 8 ounces of softened cream cheese. Using a hand mixer or stand mixer, blend until mostly smooth and any cream cheese lumps are very small.
- Stir in the chopped pecans, crumbled bacon, and green onions.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Goes well with vegetables, crackers, apples and pears.
Alright, there you have it! Try out this Pumpkin Cream Cheese Dip this Fall and let me know what you think in the comments!
Want some more delicious recipes?
- Try out the world's easiest cinnamon roll recipe using a bread maker!
- If you've been looking for a quick and delicious cornbread recipe from scratch, you've come to the right place.
- This buttermilk syrup is sure to be your new favorite topping for your breakfast foods.
- These sweet and sour meatballs are a great way to shelf cook and use up the ingredients that you have on hand.
- If you've been looking for a yummy dessert, you can't go wrong with Snickers Apple Salad.
Hi, I'm Melissa! I help women like you create a beautiful life and home through the magic of cooking, the thrill of home organization, and the joy of discovering your personal style. Join me today on my site Beautiful Life and Home for your free gifts! Smiles and hugs, every day!