If you're familiar with me or my company, you know I love a good excuse to dress up (sparkles preferred!), turn up some good music, invite over our friends, and have a dang good time hosting a party! In fact, it's one of the topics I've covered most here on Fun Cheap Or Free because I want to show you how hosting large crowds and throwing a killer party can totally be done simply and affordably. Here's a roundup of all the party tips, tricks and hacks for every occasion!
*Note: When you click the links in this post, we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
When I'm hosting a party or a get-together, I want:
- my guests to have an AWESOME TIME and let loose!
- to make it as easy as possible for myself so that I can enjoy the party too!
- to make it affordable and find ways to keep costs low.
I can tell you now after years and years and years of throwing events – both casual & fancy! – it's totally possible to host guests for any occasion on a tight budget and yet still be full of food, decor, activities, and FUN!
First off, here is a great overview on Hosting and Entertaining on Budget to get you started. Next I'll break down specific events and occasions with tons of ideas for you!
PARTIES FOR MAJOR LIFE EVENTS
Life is full of big moments – let's celebrate them! Here are my party tips, tricks and hacks for life's big events:
- Graduation Parties – It's that time of year again…GRADUATION! Celebrate your graduate in style with these graduation party ideas. We’ll help you stay on budget and maybe even earn you the “coolest parent of the year” title. And for a little bonus, here are some great graduation gift and present ideas that are both cheap and meaningful!
- Bridal Showers – Whether you're planning a low-key at-home celebration or a fancy brunch, we're here to help. We've got bridal shower ideas galore. From party favors to themes and more, these cheap and easy ideas will make your next shower a success!
- Bachelorette Parties – These fun bachelorette party ideas will not disappoint, whether it's your big night or you're celebrating a friend! Instead of spending a fortune going out, we'll show you how to use your resources and throw a party nobody will forget… without costing a fortune!
- Birthday Party Ideas – Throwing a rockin' birthday bash doesn't have to break the bank! Use these cheap birthday party ideas to make your celebration fun for you AND your bank account!
- Baby Shower – If you're planning a shower for a mama-to-be, you need to read this post first! We've got baby shower ideas, plus genius tips and tricks that will help you throw the best party without breaking the bank.
- Family Reunion – Have you ever been to a family gathering before where you're constantly prepping for the next meal or activity, so you never get to sit down and enjoy the company that you traveled so far to see? Don't let that be you this summer! Or ever again for that matter. Save this post for your next reunion! We hosted TWO family reunions back-to-back, so I made another YouTube video to share all the tips and tricks up my sleeve!
Hosting friends, families and neighbors doesn't just have to revolve around a holiday or special occasion – some of our favorite parties were last-minute get togethers “just because”!
- Backyard BBQs – I'll teach you some of our secret sauce to hosting an outdoor party or gathering, big or small, by finding the best deals on food, and knowing what to serve (and how much!). We'll even share some of our top-secret hacks for keeping it simple. Better yet, we've got some killer outdoor party games that you definitely don't want to miss out on!
- Game Day Parties – Some of us are football fanatics, while others of us are football food fanatics (eh-hem *raises hand*). Either way, we can all agree that the big game is excuse enough to have a February get-together! I’m going to show you exactly how to host one under $50, with a full menu and grocery list!
- Indoor Game Night – One of the best things to do with a large (or even small) group of people is a good ole game night. Playing games with friends is one of the best ways to let loose, have fun, and really get to know the people you are with.
- Outdoor Game Night – Round up some friends for a night full of inexpensive, old-fashioned fun playing outdoor night games! We've got ideas for some old favorites plus new ones that will keep everyone active and having a great time.
- Themed Get-Together With Friends – here are 8 creative party themes to try the next time you invite your friends over!
FOOD, DRINK, and GAME IDEAS FOR ANY GET-TOGETHER
- Potluck Ideas – Potlucks are one of our favorite ways to get together with friends and family. They help take the financial burden and prep off one person and make it fun for everyone! Use these easy potluck ideas the next time you have one come up!
- Cheap Party Food for Every Occasion – Where there's a party, there must be food! We share some of our favorite cheap party food ideas! Not only that, we have an amazing list of party food ideas to help you figure out exactly what to serve!
- The Party Punch Everyone Will Love – Whip up our easy party punch the next time you have a get together. You'll be amazed at how much everybody loves it!
- My Viral “Bowl Game” – This is hands down the best party game, a guaranteed hit with any crowd and a staple at Page Family Get Togethers. We're talking people are laughing so hard, tears are often shed. That, my friends, is the result of my infamous Bowl Game: THE BEST, funniest, most amazing adult party game you will ever play.
- DIY Tissue Paper Pom Pom Decor – Calling all crafters and DIY divas! These easy, do-it-yourself, tissue paper pomander balls are beautiful and easy on the wallet. Put them together with just a few simple supplies and add some pizzaz to your next party!
- More Inexpensive Meals For a Crowd – Feeding a crowd on a budget is something we are so experienced at, we filled ANOTHER blog post full of ideas for you!
Most importantly, don't let any leftover party food go to waste! Watch my YouTube video, or read my blog post full of tips and tricks for repurposing any leftover party foods:
PUT YOUR PARTY PLANNING SKILLS INTO ACTION
What are you waiting for? Get that guest list written and get your party on!
If you liked these party tips and ideas, I've got a little secret for you……I might have a beautiful bound book on hosting holiday parties available for you very soon 😉 I've filled over 100 pages with my very favorite ways to make every holiday special, from Valentine's Day to Christmas and everything in between. If you're as obsessed with planning epic get-togethers as me, you're going to want to stay tuned!