Get organized! It's about more than just keeping things tidy and in their place, it can even save you some serious dough. Use these easy organization hacks to simplify your life AND save you money!
Sometimes when we think about home organization, we think it is all about having things look nice and neat. Sure, that's great and all… but the BEST part is, it can help you be more productive and even save money. Not sure how? Don't worry, we'll show you!
*Note: When you click the links in this post, we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
If the thought of getting your life and home organized makes you run and hide under the covers, you're not alone! We totally get that… it can seem overwhelming when you don't know where to begin. Use these helpful organization hacks and we promise you'll be organized in no time.
HOW ORGANIZATION HACKS WILL SAVE YOU MONEY
So, you're wondering what the heck organization hacks have to do with saving money, right?? Trust us on this one! Get organized in your home, office, and even your brain. It will save you so much time, stress, and money in the long run. Here's how it works!
YOU WILL KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE
Get your things organized and actually use what you already own. You may be surprised to find that you already have an unopened tube of toothpaste OR you may stumble upon those cute brown boots you used to wear all the time!
When the things you own are actually accessible, you are WAY less likely to run out to the store and buy a replacement. You see… it really does work!
SELL THINGS YOU DON'T USE
Not only will these organization hacks help you find useful things you forgot you had, you may even find valuable things you never use. Do you know what we do with things that go unused for that long? That's right, sell those babies and make some cash!!
HOME ORGANIZATION HACKS
Alright, now on to the organization hacks! Use these tips to get and stay organized. Never get bogged down in clutter again.
- Create a Paper Zone – Dedicate a zone, away from little curious hands, where you can store all paper bills, coupons, etc. You will always know where they are and can avoid those late fees! An actual paper organizer will help with this task even more. Here are some decorative ones if you want to make them fit with your home decor.
- Organize Your Pantry – This one is a HUGE money saver. Stop wasting food because it goes bad before you use it. Move the quickest-expiring food to the front so you will eat it sooner.
- Create Zones – Keep like items with like items. Use baskets or bins and group items together to stay organized. For example, have a bin for cleaning supplies, a bin for paper goods, and a bin for extra bathroom items such as toothpaste and body wash.
- Label Your Items – You know those bins and baskets we just mentioned… label them! Get yourself an affordable label maker or reach for a sharpie. This will prevent you from digging around to remember what you put in each basket.
- Frequency of Use – Make the things that you use most often the most accessible. If the item has an expiration date, put that one in the front.
- Rotate Your Items – This is a no-brainer when it comes to food that expires, but you can use this hack for other items, too! Rotate your clothes and shoes so you always have something fresh to wear. Use the hanger trick to keep track of what you have and haven't worn!
These useful hacks are sure to help get your home or office under clutter control. Remember, if you don't use it—get rid of it! Sell or donate to someone who will.
SPACE-SAVING ORGANIZATION HACKS
No matter how many clever organization hacks you try, it can be SO HARD when you're working with very little storage space. Here are our best tips to help you utilize the space you didn't even know you had!
- Use Ziplock Bags – Group all small like items in a ziplock bag. It may not be the prettiest storage solution, but they'll be contained. Tuck them into a cute bin for safe keeping.
- Use Vertical Space – Do you have shelf-less cabinets that just seem like a black hole of clutter?? Don't let that vertical space go to waste… try stackable bins or shelves! Find these handy little storage tools right at your dollar store for almost nothing.
- Baskets In Drawers – Speaking of the Dollar Store, they have tons of small, drawer-sized baskets, too. Use these for organizing makeup, tooth brushes, jewelry, and anything else you find in there! It's okay to have a junk drawer—let's just organize it a bit. 😉
- Utilize Empty Wall Space – One of the most underused storage areas in a home is the wall. Use hooks and take advantage of that wasted space! If you have the room, you can even hang a towel bar or two and use S hooks to attach baskets or bins.
- Roll Your Clothes – Whether your clothes “spark joy” or not, rolling them WILL save you space and make them more visible to you. You'll find everything you need right there in your drawer!
Isn't it amazing how a few easy and cheap tricks can transform your space? It doesn't have to be Pinterest-worthy… it just has to work! Get all those small spaces organized and you'll feel like a brand new person!
KEEPING YOURSELF ORGANIZED
Now that you have done all this work to get yourself and your home organized, let's keep it that way! Here is a rule we love putting into practice in our home… Always leave a room with something that doesn't belong there and quickly put it away. Putting away one thing at a time can have such a huge impact.
Don't stop with your home, get your days organized as well! Learn how to block your time and become the most productive version of yourself. This clever system helps so many stay organized and reduce stress when things inevitably get crazy!
Share your BEST organization hacks with us in the comments below. We want to hear them!
Looking for other helpful posts!?
- Organize your bathroom with these awesome ideas!
- Is that tired feeling making you less productive? Try these fun ways to get more energy and boost productivity!
- Learn how to celebrate your success and treat yourself when you accomplish your goals!
- Need to save money FAST?? Learn how to do a spending freeze!
You can do it!