Sound the alarm, call your mama, and get your camera ready for a happy-face selfie shot because FUN CHEAP OR FREE IS HIRING!
I'm spread too thin, we have too many great things going on, and WAY too many great things that still need to be done so I'm looking to create an A-Class, top-notch, hard-working, absolutely KILLER team to take FCF places no one has ever gone before. Take a look at the options below and if you or anyone you know would be a good fit, PLEASE let me know! …oh boy this is going to be fun…
1. FCF Marketing Manager
This position is more important than I can express. This person will basically be the jelly to my peanut butter, and I will expect them to help FCF reach absolute GREATNESS! This is a role that requires skill, creativity, hard work, personality, and energy…and is the world's funnest job! The description below might sound daunting on paper, but it really mostly focuses around planning FCF events, managing clients, and collaborating with other bloggers. See the full list of duties and qualities required below, and click the link at the end to apply if you are a good fit:
Marketing Manager Responsibilities Might Include:
(To send this job description or print it out click HERE)
- Being a creative mind for FCF – coming up with new monthly strategies, goals, and action plans to help FCF grow in all aspects (readership, sponsorships, and brand recognition).
Creating and managing strategic partnerships with other blogs – giveaways, pinterest parties, twitter parties, blog hops, partnerships, guest post trades, etc.
Planning and heading up reader events – free movie days, parties, live Q&A’s, etc.
Planning and heading up collaborative events and gatherings for/with other bloggers.
Frugality Boot Camp (FBC) Event Director – manages and plans all logistics regarding FBC including sponsor details, coordinating event details, rebuilding and managing the (horrifically ugly and unfinished) FBC blog, finding giveaways, answering attendee questions and concerns, lining up and assisting speakers, assisting in ticket sale strategy and tracking, managing the FB page and email account.
Update and manage the Frugality Boot Camp blog – heading up the new look and logo, posting regularly, managing ads and sponsor placement, replying to post comments, etc.
Assist with sales and marketing – setting appointments, managing current clients, fulfilling advertising duties, keeping track of sales numbers and statistics.
PR: Helping to find speaking engagements for Jordan – conferences, local events, teaching classes, as well as finding media spots including local and national TV, and radio.
Update the media kit monthly for both FCF and FBC
Assists with affiliate relationships – watching numbers and analytics, finding new affiliate partnerships, and assisting with managing new ones.
Graphic design – buttons, printables, flyers, media kits, graphics, etc.
Social media pages – posting, pinning to Pinterest, managing analytics.
Edit and post videos to YouTube
Analyzing data & stats, making and updating spreadsheets.
Organizing and displaying data for sponsors, partnerships, and projects.
Plan, head-up, and execute projects of various nature.
Building brand recognition – forming new strategies, assisting with research, coming up with new ways to build brand recognition.
Heading up a potential FCF product line
Prepping the virtual newsletter
Attending regular marketing meetings
- Attending networking events and blog conferences with Jordan, or going solo representing FCF
Qualities we're looking for:
- Marketing experience
- Networking skills A MUST!!!!
- Understanding of the “blog world”
- Experience with blogger and/or WordPress
- Social media expertise
- Sales and marketing experience
- Outgoing personality
- PR is a plus
- Event planning
- Graphic design (basics good, experience = GREAT)
- Time management
- Being proactive
- Fast learner
- Tech savvy – a must!
- Good with numbers and analytics
- Good communicator
- Fun to work with
Additional Position Details:
- For this position, you will need to live in Utah…unless you can convince me otherwise 😉
- The position's pay rate is dependent upon experience.
- This is a part-time, work-from-home position with flexible hours.
- You must have fast, reliable internet, and an updated, reliable computer for this position to work for you.
- Marketing and social media experience is a must! As much as I love you, please only apply if you know how the online/blogging/social media space works (to an extent).
- I will be accepting applications until February 8th, 2014 and will hopefully make my decision within a week from that time…so hurry and apply while you can!!
To apply (BEFORE FEBRUARY 8th, 2014) click HERE
* * * * * *
2. Content Creators!
I'm looking for talented, creative bloggers to share content with FCF readers!
- All content-creators will be volunteer initially. The perk for you is that you can link back to your own blog/website, exposing you to FCF's 300,000+ readers each month!
- Over time, we plan to bring on a regular team of contributors which could eventually lead to it being paid positions.
- This is a great way to build your portfolio and resume, while driving new traffic (and dollars) to your blog!
- You must provide your own photography, and good photography skills are a must!
Some of the types of content I'm looking for:
- Kid activities, lessons, projects
- Deals, steals, and clever tricks
- Home decor
- Anything fun, cheap, or free
- Anything else you can think of!
Content creator application HERE
* * * * * *
I would love to provide a fabulous opportunity to help build your portfolio! Learn the ins and outs of blogging, social media, and online marketing, dive head-first into a successful, lucrative blog, and quickly build up your resume and portfolio while having a great time! Think of this as a FCF internship – in exchange for hands-on work experience in a powerful, fun environment, you would provide your talents and skills to fill where FCF is lacking. This would be an incredible opportunity for college students especially!
- Graphic design
- Web development/technical support
- Providing content
Internship/Portfolio-Builder Application HERE
Can't wait to get to know y'all!