It's that time again—a brand new year is just around the corner! We've got 10+ amazing New Years activities for you and your family to do before the clock strikes twelve.
The new year is such an exciting time full of possibilities for the coming year and memories of the last! Make the most of those final moments with these amazing new years activities for you and the rest of the fam.
*Note: When you click the links in this post, we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
From activities for the whole family, activities for couples, and even things to do for yourself, you'll be rockin' this new year before it even begins! Make a list of all you want to do and check them off as you go. Let's get to it!
FUN NEW YEARS ACTIVITIES TO DO AS A FAMILY
Get the whole family together and check these activities off your list before the midnight countdown!
- Take A Photo Together – Snap one last family pic of the year before the ball drops! Maybe even stick it in the time capsule. 😉
- DIY Time Capsule – This can be as simple as a shoe box full of memories from the year! Let each family member put one or two items in the box and tuck it away in a secret place until the predetermined reveal date!
- Share Family Resolutions – Get the whole family together and take turns sharing at least one family related resolution. This could be implementing more family game nights or spending more unplugged time together. Whatever it is, make them happen!
- Make a Family Mission Statement – If you haven't already, make a family mission statement! Make sure everyone in the family is involved and heard when creating this.
- Start a Book List – If your kids are young, make a list of books you want to read aloud together throughout the year. If they are older, make a list of books you want to read as a family and discuss together! This can really help get the whole family excited about reading!
- Ring in the New Year with Sparklers – This activity is just plain fun and will be a hit for all ages. Kids go crazy for those little sparklers!
Not only will you have a great time bonding over these activities together, getting the whole family on the same page before the beginning of the new year can set you all up for success. Heck yes to that!
NEW YEARS ACTIVITIES FOR COUPLES
We're always down for some good one-on-one time with your partner. These new years activities are the BEST way to have some intentional time together before the rush of the new year begins!
- Start a Journal – Grab a blank notebook or a journal and pass it back and forth throughout the new year, writing sweet notes to each other. Date the journal and keep it to look back on year after year!
- Make Relationship Resolutions – Take the time to talk intentionally with your partner about how you could better your relationship in the coming year. Maybe it's committing to more date nights or maybe you pledge to practice gratitude together!
- Take a Walk Down Memory Lane – There is something so fun about walking down memory lane with your best friend! Feel like your romance needs a little stoking? Relive the early days and we bet that spark will burst back into a flame!
- Make a Love Map – Grab a poster board and make a map of your life together. Start in the middle where you met and create “roads” off of that leading to life events that have shaped your lives together.
- Review and Adjust Your Budget – If you haven't made a budget together yet, now is the time! If you have, now is the perfect time to sit down and have a money date to make sure things are going smoothly before the new year begins!
- Toast the New Year – When that clock strikes midnight, grab your glasses and toast the new year together!
Take the time to check these couple activities off the list and we promise you wont regret it!
THINGS TO DO FOR YOURSELF FOR THE NEW YEAR
Don't forget that self-care, lady! Take the time to fill your cup so you can keep on pouring out that love to your family in the new year. Here are some great ways to do that!
- Set Personal Goals and Resolutions – We all know the typical new years resolutions that are almost always ditched by the end of January, right? Well, not this year! Make a personal goal or resolution that you are committed to! Stick with it and make. it. happen!
- Take Time to Rest – The year is coming to an end and so is one of the busiest holiday seasons. Take time to rest before the new year begins so you can hit those resolutions hard!
- Make Plans and Dream – Dream, girl, dream! Write those dreams and plans down in a journal and check in throughout the year to see how they're going.
- Celebrate Successes – Don't forget to look back on the previous year and celebrate your personal successes! You rock, mama!
No matter how you do it, ring in the new year with a bang with your family right by your side. Not only will these new years activities bring lots of laughter and fun, they'll help set you up for a fantastic start of a brand new year! Now, let's rock this thing!
What is your favorite new years activity to do with the family? Tell us in the comments below!
Want more inspiration for the new year?
- You don't want to miss our very best productivity tips!
- Check out our Productivity Planner and make block scheduling part of your routine!
- Try these weekend hacks to conquer your week. You won't regret it!
Happy New Year!