If you've been looking for the cutest additions to your Easter celebrations, then you've found them! These Easter cupcakes are so festive and fun for the whole family to make and enjoy together.
Spring is such a fun time of the year! The sun is shining, the days are getting longer, the grass is green and the birds are chirping. The Easter holiday really couldn't come at a better time of the year! What better way to celebrate Easter than by spending it with the ones you love, having egg hunts and eating some tasty treats before dinner?
*Note: When you click the links in this post, we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
Sound like a plan? Yes, please! Your family will love these Easter cupcakes and you can spend some quality time together as a family decorating them. You'll have a grand ‘ol time together and make some super cute and delish treats together. Now that sounds like the perfect day…
HOW TO MAKE EASTER CUPCAKES
It really couldn't be more simple! You'll need the ingredients for your favorite cupcakes, whether they're made from scratch or come from a box mix. (Don't worry, we've got a great recipe for you below if you don't already have a favorite!) You'll also need icing and possibly some food coloring if you're wanting to decorate yours with something fun like green grass.
Here are some other possibilities that you might need:
- Cadbury Mini Eggs
- Whoppers Robin Eggs
- Icing piping bag and various tips
- Colorful cupcake liners
You won't need all of these, so don't freak out thinking you have to spend a million dollars just for cupcakes! You definitely want all of this to stay within your grocery budget, so don't go too crazy. Just choose the Easter cupcakes you want to make and decorate and then get what you need for those.
CUTE IDEAS FOR EASTER CUPCAKES
We've got a list of just about the most darling Easter cupcakes you could make! Some are pretty simple and basic and others are a little more advanced when it comes to decorating. Don't be intimidated!
No matter what they end up looking like, it'll still be fun to make them together as a family. We love a good #PinterestFail because no matter their appearance, they always taste delicious!
SIMPLE CUPCAKE IDEAS
These are all some pretty basic ideas your family will still love!
- Basic Cupcakes with Pastel Sprinkles – Make your favorite cupcake recipe, put white icing on top, cover in pastel sprinkles, and DONE!
- Nest Cupcakes with Candy Eggs on Top – Make a nest on top of your cupcake with icing and put the candy eggs in the middle. So cute!
- Fondant Flower Cupcakes – Make small petals out of fondant and lay them on top of the icing in the shape of a flower. It's as easy as that!
- Carrot Patch Cupcakes – Melt orange candy melts and make chocolate covered strawberries with them. Put some chocolate icing and crushed chocolate cookies on top and “plant” the carrot in the dirt. Super easy and super tasty!
So darn cute, right?! You really can't go wrong making any of those and none of them should be too hard.
ANIMAL CUPCAKE IDEAS
Some of these may be a little bit more advanced, but none of them are too hard for you to master! And some are actually easier that you'd think. #Winning
- Bunny Ears Cupcake – Cut some large marshmallows to make them look like bunny ears and dip them in pink sprinkles to make the “inside” of the ear pink. Stand them up in the icing on top and you're done!
- Peeps Cupcakes – Color coordinate the color of icing to the color of peep on top and it'll look like you put way more effort into it than you actually did. 😉
- Sheep Cupcakes – Take a bunch of mini marshmallows and cover the cupcakes so they look like a fluffy, wooly sheep.
- Bunny Tail and Feet Cupcakes – Make the bunny's rear and tail out of a large and small marshmallow. Melt white chocolate and let it harden in the shape of a bunny's foot. Then put a little pink icing on the bottom of the feet to give them toes and you're done!
- Easter Chick Cupcakes – Use yellow icing to make the chicks, black icing for the eyes, and orange icing for the beak. So cute and so simple!
Don't those all sound ah-dor-a-ble?! Pinterest has such great ideas, so be sure to check it out! Whether you go simple or more detailed with the decorating, they'll still be fun for your Easter celebration.
OUR FAVORITE VANILLA CUPCAKE RECIPE
If you don't have a foolproof vanilla cupcake recipe, then it's your lucky day! Try this recipe out using ingredients that you probably have in your pantry and fridge and get. to. baking.
Vanilla Cupcake Recipe
- 1 ⅓ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ¼ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup full-fat sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line a 12-count muffin pan with liners. Line second muffin pan with 2 liners. Set both aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, then the vanilla.
- Add in the sour cream and mix until fully combined.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. DO NOT OVERMIX THE BATTER!
- Scoop the batter into the cupcake liners, filling them a little over half way full.
- Bake in separate batches for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool on a wire rack completely before icing.
Mmmmm, that sounds so dreamy! If you didn't have a favorite cupcake recipe, you do now. 😉
If you keep cake mix on-hand, you can always throw together our doctored up chocolate bundt cake recipe, too! It's the perfect dessert to feed a crowd!
What kind of Easter cupcakes are you going to make first? Let us know how they go in the comments!
Have you checked out ShelfCooking.com yet? Our brand new site is dedicated to helping you cook delicious, nutritious and budget-friendly meals for your family without spending all your time in the kitchen!
Basically every parent's dream, right? Join our Shelf Cooking Community today!
Wanting more great Easter ideas?
- This Easter gift idea is just about the cutest and is so simple to throw together at the last minute.
- Need some more great Easter ideas? We've got you covered!
- Wanting more than just cupcakes to celebrate Easter? These chocolate chip cookies with Easter candy are the best!