Since SO many of you have been asking about my skin care routine, I decided to write a post about it. 😉 How many times have you heard that one on Instagram?! No, really though, lots of you have asked, and today I'm gonna spill the beans!
Who's up for a little self-care?! As I've gotten older, I've really started to appreciate how important healthy skin is. But, if you're like I was not too long ago, you might feel overwhelmed or unsure about where to start.
*Note: When you click the links in this post, we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
There are SO many products on the market now. And so many big words! Hyla-what?! And, ladies, let's face it. Some of the stuff is dang expensive. So, today, I thought I'd share a few products that I love, along with some home remedies and skincare products that work for any budget. Let's do this!
MY SKIN CARE ROUTINE + WHY I LOVE DIME BEAUTY
Real talk time. Having the twins wrecked my skin. And, let's face it, hitting the big 3-5 probably doesn't help! Between breakouts and dry skin, I knew I need to change up my skin care routine, so I started using Dime Beauty products, and I LOVE them. Not only do their products work, but they're vegan and cruelty-free, so I can feel good about what I'm putting on my face. Here are some of my favorite products of theirs:
- Gentle Jelly Cleanser – It's so frothy and dreamy! And it takes off ALL the gunk and makeup.
- Toner – After I wash my face, I apply their toner, and it's pretty much magic. It moisturizes and takes even more product off my face, which is crazy to me considering how well their face wash works!
- Hyaluronic Acid – This serum is legit. It's not greasy, and a little goes a long way! It glides on smooth and silky and balances the pH in your skin. I've noticed a HUGE difference in my skin since I added this to my routine.
You guys know how much I love to save money, so I buy “The Works” bundle, which includes the jelly cleansers, skin toner, day cream, night cream, hyaluronic acid serum, and glow serum. It's a dang good deal if you ask me, and WELL worth it. The products last quite a while and they work like a charm. I'm embarrassed to admit that I spent almost three times as much on a skincare regimen at a spa. And it didn't even work. (I'm not crying, you're crying!) Don't make the same mistake I did! Use my code JP20 and you can save 20% on any of the DIme Beauty products.
AT-HOME HACKS YOU HAVE TO TRY (BLACKHEADS, BE GONE!)
You guys know how much I love a good life hack, right? Well, beauty hacks are pretty much my fave, and here are three you need to try ASAP:
- Lemon Juice – I swear by this one! Mix one tablespoon of baking soda with half a tablespoon of lemon juice, then apply to your skin like a scrub, paying extra attention to areas with blackheads. Let it sit for 5-10 minutes, then rinse away those stubborn blackheads! It. Just. Works! Please don't ask me how. #magic
- Dish Soap + Hair Conditioner Brush Cleaner – Ladies, don't forget to clean those brushes! Once per month is a good rule of thumb to keep bacteria at bay, and you don't even need to buy a cleanser. Just combine equal parts dish soap and hair conditioner, drop your brush in the mixture, then rub gently between your hands, rinse, and air dry.
- Green Tea Bags – Brew a pot of tea, and save the teabags! While you're sipping, place those bags under your eyes for a soothing treatment. The green tea draws out impurities and de-puffs. Let's be honest; every mama could use that, right?!
Up for another fun project? Learn how to make a lemon body scrub! It's so soothing and smells divine.
SKIN CARE PRODUCTS FOR EVERY BUDGET
Ready to invest a little money to step up your skincare game? My team gathered up a few of our fave beauty products, all $50 or less. Some cost less than $5, actually! Ready to go shopping?
On a tight budget but need to step up your skin care game? Here are few super affordable products worth trying:
- Facial Spray – Give your skin an extra boost of moisture with this $7 facial spray! It smells like a spa, so that's an added bonus. You can spritz on your face in the morning and before bed for a nice little dose of self-care.
- Sheet Masks – For less than $10, you can score a five-pack of this super fun set of sheet masks! These are perfect for an at-home spa night with the ladies. They make great stocking or gift bag stuffers, too.
- Acne Spot Treatment – Who doesn't get the occasional zit every now and then? This $3 solution works like a dream! Keep it in your beauty arsenal, just in case.
- Lip Scrub – Lip scrubs are all the rage right now, and this one from Burt's Bees is pretty dang awesome. It has tiny honey crystals that scrub away dead skin.
These are so affordable, why not treat yourself to all four and plan a girls night out (uhhh…in) with a spa theme?!
If you've got an extra $20 to spend and want to invest in a product or two that will help take your beauty or skin care routine up a notch, here are some items I love:
- Facial Cleansing Brush – This one is only $17 on Amazon and it makes your face feel brand new! So much better than washing with a cloth, IMO. It exfoliates and helps remove blackheads, too, so try it with my lemon juice remedy!
- Last Drop Spatula – Have you seen this glorious invention?! Never let another drop of your favorite beauty products go to waste! This little spatula helps you get more bang for your buck.
- Jade Roller – Bring the spa home for less than $20. Um, yes, please! These magical little rollers help firm up your skin. And they're just fun, so there's that!
- Toiletry Bag/Makeup Organizer – Okay, technically, this isn't a skincare product, but it does keep your skincare arsenal organized, which is important! Proper storage can extend the shelf life of your makeup, and keeping everything arranged in one spot makes travel a breeze AND prevents late-night drugstore runs when you check-in to your hotel and realize you left half your skincare products at home. (Face. Palm.)
I'm telling you, keeping all your gear organized will save you money in the long run! And it will save you time, too. No more wild goose chases for the under-eye cream, okay?
If you're willing to spend just a bit more, here are a few beauty buys that are worth the money:
- Setting Spray– A good setting spray helps your makeup last SO much longer. And the less makeup you have to apply, the less money you spend. It's also super moisturizing, which is a nice bonus. By the way, this one is just a hair over $25 and it lasts forever!
- Beauty Fridge – Keep that cold cream cold! (And maybe keep a water bottle or two handy, too.) SUPER cute, right?! Keep your eye creams, night cream, and rollers in this bad boy for extra de-puffing power.
- Silk PIllowcases – Time to upgrade from those cotton pillowcases! Silk is good for your skin and your hair. Reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines and protect your hair from breakage while you catch some Zzzzs.
- Anti-Aging Supplement – At only $38, this magical serum is a steal, and worth every penny! Take one dropper each day and get your glow on, girl.
Can't afford these right now? At $50 or less, these make great items for your birthday or Christmas list!
Now you know the 4-1-1 about my skin care routine! It's been a journey, for sure, and finding the right products was an investment, but it's SO worth it. If you need help figuring how to budget for a new skincare routine of your own, be sure to check out this post about the three-month rule. Spoiler alert: IT WORKS, you guys!
Which skin care products do you love? Drop your recommendations in the comments!
Looking for more beauty tips and tricks?
- Find out how much you should spend on a haircut and how to save!
- Check out these 15+ genius ways to use hydrogen peroxide–beauty hacks included!
- Try my 10-minute makeup routine, and pick up a few tips for saving money on go-to beauty products.
Glow on, gorgeous!