Ring, ring. What's that sound? It's your best life calling to tell you that you need these hacks! From cleaning to cooking and everything in between, these tried-and-true favorite life hacks are about to blow your mind!
Are your bananas driving you bananas? Is your vegetable bed the garden of weedin'? Okay, Freebs nation, there are hacks and then there are HACKS. You know we love helping you live your best life, and this post is going to help you do that, and then some.
*Note: When you click the links in this post, we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
We've compiled a ton of our best hacks, tips, and tricks to share with you in one place. We're talking cleaning, cooking, and all sorts of other random brilliance. Prepare to be amazed because we think these are the best life hacks around!
8 INCREDIBLE FOOD HACKS YOU HAVE TO TRY
Okay, foodies! We're starting with a few clever foodie tips for you. Check out these kitchen life hacks we're totally crushing on:
- Make Your Bananas Last Longer – Take your bananas apart when you get home from the store. If you leave them connected at the stem in a bunch, they ripen faster.
- Keep Salad Fresh – Place a paper towel in your bag or bowl of salad mix. It will absorb moisture and help it last a lot longer.
- Pepper Shopping Hacks – Fun fact! Peppers with three bumps on the bottom are sweeter and better for eating. Peppers with four bumps on the bottom are firmer and better for cooking.
- Frying Ground Beef – Add a teaspoon of water. It will help pull the grease away from the meat while cooking.
- Reheat Pizza – No more soggy pizza for you! Heat leftover pizza in a nonstick skillet on top of the stove, set heat to medium-low, and heat until warm. We saw this on the cooking channel, and it works.
- Easy Deviled Eggs – Put cooked egg yolks into a zip lock bag. Seal, and then mash. Add the remainder of your ingredients, reseal, mix, and then cut the baggy tip and squeeze the mixture into each egg.
- Double Your Store-Bought Frosting – Dump that container of icing into a bowl and whip it with your mixer for a few minutes. It will double right before your eyes, saving you money and calories. Sweet!
- Soften Butter – Making a recipe that calls for softened butter? Stand your butter stick up on the counter. Pour piping hot water into a glass, dump it out, then immediately place the glass on top of the butter. It will be soft in no time!
Pretty smart, right?! Oh, just wait. There's more.
5 Smart Life Hacks for Your Yard
If you like spending time in the great outdoors, we think you'll love these life hacks:
- Newspaper Weeds Away – After you're done planting and adding nutrients to your soil, moisten some newspapers, layer them around your plants, then cover with mulch. That's it! Weeds will get through some gardening plastic, but they will not get through wet newspapers. Borax is a great weed killer, too, so check out all these borax hacks!
- No More Mosquitoes – Want to enjoy an evening on the patio without worrying about mosquitoes? Place a dryer sheet in your pocket. It will keep them away!
- Keep Squirrels From Eating Your Plants – Sprinkle your plants with cayenne pepper. The cayenne pepper doesn't hurt the plant, and the squirrels won't come near it.
- Make a DIY $2 Grill – Out of propane? Grab a large aluminum lasagna pan from the Dollar Tree, some charcoal, and a cooling rack. You just made a grill!
- Repair Brown Spots – Have urine stains in your yard from the dog? Dissolve two tablespoons of baking soda into a gallon of water, then pour it onto the spot. It helps neutralize the acid.
We're kind of obsessed with these little tricks, and we're definitely excited for the next set of hacks. Sometimes cleaning can feel like a real drag, but it doesn't have to! You'll see.
THESE LIFE HACKS MAKE CLEANING A BREEZE
Sure cleaning's a chore, but it doesn't have to be terrible. Here are some of the best life hacks for cleaning. Try them, and you just might have a little fun!
- Goodbye Fruit Flies – To get rid of pesky fruit flies, take a small glass, fill it a quarter of the way with Apple Cider Vinegar and two drops of dishwashing liquid; mix well. You will find those flies drawn to the cup and gone forever. Can we get a hallelujah?!
- Vacuum Hard-to-Reach Places – Need to get something out of a heat register or under the fridge? Add an empty paper towel roll or empty gift wrap roll to your vacuum attachment. It can bend or flatten to fit in narrow openings.
- Remove Duct Tape Adhesive – That sticky film is the worst, right? Don't worry! Rub a little WD-40 or lighter fluid on it, then gently rub it away.
- Clean Your Microwave – Mix one cup of water, ¼ cup vinegar, and the juice from half a lemon in a microwave-safe container. Microwave until the window steams up, then wipe away any residue.
- Wash Your Dryer Filter – Yeah, we didn't know this was a thing either! You know those dryer sheets that smell so good? Well, they cause an invisible film to form on your dyer filter, which can cut the life of your dryer in half. Take your filter out and wash it with hot soapy water and an old toothbrush at least every six months.
Pro Tip: While we're on the topic of laundry, make sure you wash that washing machine every few months, too. Just run a cycle with hot water and a cup of vinegar.
5 FASHION HACKS YOU'LL WISH YOU'D TRIED SOONER
Ok, fashionistas, these life hacks are for you! We might be biased, but we think these are some of the best fashion life hacks you'll ever find:
- Pack Your Necklaces in Straws – You know what's not fun? Finding your favorite necklace in a ball or knots. Well, problem-solved! Store your necklaces in drinking straws to prevent knots and tangles when traveling. Just unclasp your necklace, thread it through the straw, and then clasp it. Boom! That’s it.
- Stop Losing Bobby Pins – Install a magnetic strip on the inside of a drawer or cabinet door in your bathroom to keep all your bobby pins in one place. Genius, right?
- Shave Your Legs with Hair Conditioner – Stop spending money on shaving cream! Grab a bottle of cheap conditioner and go to town for nice, smooth legs. This is also a great way to use up any conditioner you bought but didn't love for your hair.
- Get Gum Out of Clothes – Rub an ice cube on it, then use a butter knife to scrape.
- Shine Your Jewelry With Ketchup – Yes, you just read that! Use ketchup to shine your silver jewelry. Squirt a little on, use a microfiber cloth to rub, and it will shine right up!
How stinking cool is that ketchup trick? Can you say versatile?!
5 MORE RANDOM LIFE HACKS TO TRY
Okay, we're having too much fun, so we want to share a few more tips! These are random, but we think we saved the best life hacks for last. Here you go:
- Pack a Bar of Soap in Your Suitcase – Going on a road trip or vacation? Bring a bar of scented soap to put in the compartment with your dirty clothes. It will keep the rest of your suitcase smelling fresh.
- De-Fog Your Windshield – Buy a chalkboard eraser and keep it in the glove box of your car. The next time those windows fog up, just rub with the eraser! It works so much better with a cloth, and let's be honest. It's pretty dang fun!
- Re-Open Envelopes – Did you just realize you forgot to include something in that letter you just sealed? No problem! Place it in the freezer for an hour or two. Voila! You can open it right back up.
- Keep Your Trash Can Fresh – Place crumpled newspaper in the bottom of your kitchen trash can to absorb liquid and odors.
- Aldi Shopping Cart Hack – Did you forget to bring a coin? Been there, done, that, got the postcard. Try this trick! Use your house key to unlock that cart.
And there you have it! Dozens of life hacks that we think are pretty dang cool.
SHARE YOUR BEST LIFE HACKS
We hope you find these life hacks as helpful as we have! From getting duct tape residue cleaned up to de-fogging your windshield, it never hurts to have a few tricks up your sleeve. If nothing else, you're in good shape to compete on Jeopardy.
Drop a comment below and tell us about your best life hacks for cooking, cleaning, or beauty tricks that make life easier… Go on… spill the deets.
Looking for more of our best tips and tricks? We think you'll love these posts:
- Get glam in minutes with these easy date-night makeup tips!
- If you're a sports fan who likes saving money, check out these free sports streaming sites.
- Learn how to love leftovers with these quick and easy tips.
Now go live your best life!
Great tips! Article was very enlightening!
Thanks for the feedback!
Use a dry pillowcase to clean off/dust ceiling fan blades. Just toss it in the wash when you’re done
Genius! Thanks for sharing this.
Chop your nearly-expired fruit (especially citrus) and freeze in an ice cube tray with water to encourage your kids to keep drinking.
Love this hack! We love freezing bananas when they are about to go bad because they are perfect for smoothies. We love the idea of putting it in ice cube trays.