The other day I posted my “fluffy egg” recipe (if you can even call it that) on Instagram and Facebook. thousands of views and dozens of comments later, I realized this was a revolutionary tip to many of you…and I guess I should share it here as well!
It's important for me to give my kids a hot breakfast in the morning. It keeps them fuller longer, usually means it's healthier than something quick and cold, and well, it's just how my mom did it! But I don't really like to cook, and I have zero time in the morning for ornate breakfasts. I figured out how to cook an egg in the microwave in and its CHANGED MY LIFE! It only takes 60 seconds and doesn't dirty a single pan. Yes, you read that right.
Without further adieu, I now introduce you to my:
60-Second “Fluffy Egg”…in the Microwave
It's so simple, I can summarize it in a 15 second video! Watch online or click and watch below:
Can you believe how easy that is?? No pans to scrub, and the texture is amazing. My kids FAR prefer Fluffy Eggs (as I've fondly come to call them) as apposed to typical scrambled eggs.
Here are the steps broken down:
- Crack an egg into a microwave safe cup (or bowl if you want a flatter egg). You can spray the cup or bowl with cooking spray first, but honestly, I've never really had to, it's always washed out fine.
- Stir up the egg, making sure to puncture the yolk (or it will explode! Trust me on this!)
- Feel free to add a little milk, cheese, veggies, diced meat, or whatever your heart desires. I've had readers comment about adding smoked salmon, tuna, and other deliciousness. Don't be too heavy-handed if you're only cooking one egg.
- Microwave it for 60 seconds, or until cooked. Note: totally depends on the microwave! It was only 40 seconds on my old one, our new one is a wuss I guess.
- Voila! Enjoy a fluffy, yummy egg. You can eat it as-is, or use it to make an egg sandwich, tuna salad, or breakfast sandwich.
Sometimes I'll cook the eggs in a cup and have my kids eat it directly out of the cup, in the car on the run. It's truly life changing, I'm telling you. Feel free to share this with any egg-loving friends (or busy moms for that matter) and have a great Tuesday!
Have you checked out ShelfCooking.com yet? Our brand new site is dedicated to helping you cook delicious, nutritious and budget-friendly meals for your family without slaving away in the kitchen! Basically every parent's dream, right? Join our Shelf Cooking Community today!