Make Christmas special this year with these easy DIY Christmas cards you can create for cheap! Whether you’re sending five or five hundred, we’ll help you keep the holiday spirit alive without totally busting the budget.
It’s almost that time of year! A time when snow starts falling and Christmas cards flood the mailbox. Do you love sending Christmas cards out to all your friends but aren’t sure how to make it work without totally blowing the budget? Don’t miss out this year just because you think it’s not in the cards… get it—the cards? Ha!
*Note: When you click the links in this post, we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
Seriously though, we’ll show you how to make easy DIY Christmas cards that don’t cost a fortune and you don’t even have to be crafty! Trust us, it’s sooo simple. Let’s get to it!
HOW TO MAKE CHRISTMAS CARDS ON THE COMPUTER
We’ve all seen the beautiful, Pinterest-worthy Christmas cards that feature family photos, right? Well, here’s a little secret… You can make those too, right from your phone or computer! Here’s how we do it.
- Have family pictures ready to upload. In the past, professional photos were the way to go, but that is soooo expensive. These days, if you can’t afford professional pictures, grab a tripod for your phone and use that timer to take your own!
- Choose your favorite photo printing or card-making site. We’ll list some of our favorite go-to's below!
- Search the Christmas card designs and choose your favorite.
- Add your photos, customize the text, and print!
- Depending on which site you use, you may be able to print instantly and pick them up at your local store or they may have to be shipped to you.
Pro Tip: Don’t forget to buy envelopes!
OUR FAVORITE SITES TO MAKE DIY CHRISTMAS CARDS
Here are some of our favorite websites you can use to make your own cheap Christmas cards!
Many of these sites regularly run promotions and offer discount codes, so make sure to check for those before purchasing!
HOW TO MAKE YOUR OWN CHRISTMAS CARDS AT HOME
Want to get your hands dirty and make a DIY Christmas card yourself at home? Here are some of the best ways to do it!
GET CRAFTY WITH THE KIDS
Grab some red and green construction paper and let them craft the day away. It's a great way to keep your kiddos occupied so you can be productive, too. 😉 If you're not concerned with perfection, kid-made Christmas cards are perfect for the family who love to see their creations!
SHOP PRE-MADE AFTER SEASON
Right after the holidays is the best time to snag leftover Christmas cards from places like Walmart or Hobby Lobby. If you time it just right, you can get some great cards for pennies. Score! Write a note inside to personalize or throw in a family photo.
WHAT TO INCLUDE IN YOUR CHRISTMAS CARD
Maybe you’re a Christmas card newbie and you’re wondering what the heck are you supposed to include in a Christmas card anyway? We got you covered, sis! Here’s what we love.
- Family Photos – While not necessary, family photos are always fun to see, especially if you have cute kids!
- The Year – We know it’s obvious, but don’t forget to include the year!
- A Season’s Greeting – Most Christmas cards include some sort of greeting such as “Merry Christmas” or “Happy Holidays!” If you use a Christmas card template online or a store-bought card, those greetings will already be included.
- Summary of the Year – This one is totally optional but we think it’s super cool. With your Christmas card, include a short summary of your year as a family. Mention highlights or anything you’ve been able to overcome. You may want to have it printed on the back of your card or you may choose to print it separately and stick it in the envelope before you mail!
No matter how you make them, follow these tips and you're sure to save yourself time and money. Sending your friends and family a beautiful DIY Christmas card doesn't need to break the bank! You got this, friend!
Do you enjoy sending and receiving Christmas cards? Tell us in the comments below!
Need more holiday inspiration?
- Looking for some fun family holiday traditions to start? Look no further!
- Check out our stocking stuffer 101 so you can stay on budget this year!
- Print off this holiday bucket list and get started checking those boxes off!