As I mentioned in this post, one of the best ways to save money with back-to-school shopping (and all shopping in general, actually) is to buy off-season. RIGHT NOW is the perfect time to buy Summer items on clearance.
Case and point?
Someone told me about Ruum the other day, so I checked out their clearance…and stocked up BIG TIME! They have clearance starting at $2.99, but actually, I got items as low as $1.99 (see below).
- (The top arrow shows this point.) My parents live in Oregon, where there is no sales tax. We are headed to Oregon for a week pretty soon, and I have to pack super light. I shipped the items to my folks' house…and it didn't charge me sales tax! So I not only save about $10 in tax, but now I have clothes waiting for my kids when I get there to help lighten the load! My mom is headed back to Utah with me after my trip, so she can pack the new stuff in her suitcase coming home. Fate, I'm telling you.
- Update: Oops! A reader just told me that this is a no-no, that because I live in Utah the clothes are technically “consumed” in Utah! Soooo good to know, so DON'T take my advice on this one!
- They had a “take an extra 30% off clearance” sale going (I think it ended though 🙁 sorry), so it took $30 off my $113 total.
- They had (and it's currently running still I think) a “free shipping on orders over $77” offer going on, so I saved another $7 on shipping.
So between the free $7 shipping, the $10 sales tax, and the $30 discount…
- Take $15 off of ALL Orders over $50 with RUUM American Kid's Wear
- Get FREE Shipping on Orders over $77 on RUUM
- SHOP RUUM's LAST CHANCE FOR SUMMER SALE! $2.99 & UP
- Buy any 3 items and get 30% off at Ruum American Kid's Wear
Those $2 clothes I bought? They will look and act just the same as the kids whose moms paid the full $30 for them. My kids' clothes will be no less cute, functional, or trendy. If you are paying full-price for anything, you are a fool! (Harsh? Sorry, but kinda true. But I still love you!) I was able to get 33 items for what some moms paid for only 2 or 3 items. This is proof that if you're patient, it pays off!