Gather up your friends! We're about to share 10+ girls night out ideas that you and your pals will LOVE. Let's have some fun, ladies!
If you're following our Focused in Calendar, then you probably know by now that February's all about relationships. We're not just talking about the romantic type! But that said, no matter the time of year, any time is the perfect time to schedule a date night with your besties, too.
*Note: When you click the links in this post, we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
We suggest planning a girls' night out (aka GNO) at least once per month. And don't worry, it doesn't have to be hard or expensive! In fact, we've done a little brainstorm, and we're going to share enough ideas to last a year. You ready?!
QUICK TIPS TO SAVE MONEY ON GIRLS' NIGHT OUT
We know money doesn't grow on trees, and even if it did, why throw it away? No matter your budget, you CAN have a great time! Here are some quick tips that will help you save cash on that next GNO:
- Look for Groupons – From restaurants to spas and go-karting, you can find some pretty incredible local deals on Groupon! Check their site before you plan your next GNO.
- Cash in on Rewards – Have you downloaded the Fetch app ? Basically, you can earn rewards for grocery shopping (like in this grocery haul video) and use those rewards to get gift cards. We use our rewards for restaurants.
- Trade-off With Your Hubby – Instead of paying a babysitter, trade-off and set a regular boys' night for the hubs. You both deserve some time with the friends!
- Don't Forget AAA – That AAA membership card isn't just for travel and roadside assistance! Cash in on discounts on meals and activities, too.
Now that you know how to save a little of that hard-earned money on your next outing, let's get to some of our ideas. Let's start with the freebies!
6 FREE GIRLS' NIGHT OUT IDEAS
We are here to tell you that a free girls' night can be the most fun you'll have all month! Taking time to recharge and hang with your friends is priceless, and so are these GNO ideas:
- Volunteer – Pick a cause and support it together! You'll enjoy hanging out and you'll feel good about what you're doing, too. Food banks are always looking for big groups!
- Take a Bike Ride – Get that heart rate up and have a little fun! Bike around town or pick some trails to explore.
- Have a Game Night – Round up the board games and get ready for some friendly competition! Or, try the bowl game. We promise it's fun! Be sure to check out our tips for hosting the perfect game night.
- Plan a Picnic – If the weather's nice, why not take girls' night out to the great outdoors?
- Start a Book Club – Starting a book club is a perfect way to make sure GNO stays on the calendar each month. Pick books you can borrow from the local library, and it won't cost anyone a dime.
- Go for a Drive – Put together a fun 90s playlist and hit the road! Car rides with girlfriends are always fun!
We don't know about you, but we're ready for all those activities! Can we come to your next GNO?!
6 CHEAP GIRLS' NIGHT OUT IDEAS
Alright! We have six more ideas to share, and while they're not free, they are pretty dang cheap:
- Go Out for Ice Cream – Ice cream is so much cheaper than dinner!
- Head to a Discount Movie Night – Find out when your local theater offers discount tickets. In many areas, you can see a movie for as little as $5 on a Tuesday!
- Cheer on the Home Team – Tickets to high school sporting events are pretty inexpensive! Relive your glory days!
- Go Bargain-Hunting – Set a budget, say $10 or $15, and head to a local thrift store. See who can find the best item!
- Paint Pottery – Here's an idea for the crafty crowd! Go to a local paint-your-own-pottery store. They have items for every budget. Don't have a local store? Order some paint pottery on Amazon!
- Take a Class – Many gyms offer single-pass classes, so that's a fun option. Check with your local parks and rec, and don't forget your grocery store! Publix, for example, offers cooking classes at many locations.
And there you have it! You've got 12 amazing ideas for your GNO. Why not get them on your calendar now?!
Get out and have fun! And remember: the most important part of a relationship is GIVING, and the gift of time is powerful! Commit to one GNO per month for the next year and watch what happens with your friendships!
We'd love to hear about your favorite GNO activities! Drop a comment below to share what you love doing with your friends.
Looking for more posts that will help you rock relationships month?
- Learn how to find fun things to do near you.
- These active date ideas will get your heart racing (literally)!
- Enjoy a night on the town without spending a penny! Check out these 18 free date ideas.
Cheers to good friends!