No matter if you're in a new relationship or you've been together for years, there is always more to learn and know about your partner! Use these 50+ get to know you questions and dive deep into your lover's soul!
When you finally get to sit down with your spouse after a long day, conversation sometimes revolves around bills, kids, work, kids… Yeah, reaaaaal exciting, huh? Sometimes it can be hard to dust off the cobwebs and start a fun and engaging conversation. One of our favorite things to do when we go out as a couple or even with friends is pull up a list (I'm sharing my list below) of get to know you questions! It's fast, easy, fun and gets the conversation going in an interesting direction.
*Note: When you click the links in this post, we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
Asking questions is possibly THE BEST way to get to know each other on a deeper level. Block in some intentional time to sit down with your spouse and take turns asking each other these fun questions! Make it a point to turn off all devices and give each other undivided attention. And we promise… no poop questions!!
START WITH THE FREE PRINTABLE
Grab this free printable and save it on your phone so you always have the best get to know you questions accessible!
Awkward silence? Can't stop chatting about kids? Or worse… work? Grab these get to know you questions, print them out or save them to your phone and BAM… You can keep the conversation going any time… anywhere!
FUNNY GET TO KNOW YOU QUESTIONS
Start with these funny get to know you questions for some light-hearted laughter and fun! Take turns asking and answering. You may be surprised what you learn about your honey… and yourself!
- Would you rather be gifted a lifetime supply of tacos or seafood?
- What was your most embarrassing moment as a kid?
- What is the worst/cheesiest pick-up line you've ever used?
- Would you ever eat a bug? What would it take?
- What superhero do you most want to be like?
- If you could only listen to one song for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- Name two of your own weird quirks.
- What is your favorite movie?
- Can you quote this movie?
- What was your dream job as a kid?
- If you were invisible, where is the first place you would go and what would you do?
- What flavor of ice-cream best describes you?
- What is the weirdest thing you've ever eaten?
Get as crazy as you want and make up your own questions! There is one rule, though… you must answer every question that is asked! NO passing!!
SERIOUS GET TO KNOW YOU QUESTIONS
Now that you've broken the ice with some silly get to know you questions, here is a list of more in-depth, serious questions. Even if you think you already know the answers, ask the questions anyway! You may be shocked to see how the conversation turns!
- How many books have you read this year?
- What is the one thing that annoys you the most?
- What is the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning?
- Morning bird or night owl?
- What are your career aspirations?
- If you could be someone else for a day, who would you be and why?
- Do you have any serious phobias?
- What is your biggest addiction?
- Describe yourself in only 3 words.
- If you knew today was your last, how would you spend it?
- Are you a saver or a spender?
- What was a major turning point in your life?
- What makes you feel most alive?
- Do you want (more) kids?
- What is your most favorite book you have read?
This is all about bonding and deepening your relationship with your significant other so there is no judgement allowed. Find out how you are alike and how you are different and talk about how you compliment each other!
WOULD YOU RATHER QUESTIONS
We've taken that silly childhood game up a level with these “grown-up” would you rather questions. But hey… if crazy is your jam, throw out a poop question and see what happens!!
- Would you rather go to the beach or the mountains?
- Would you rather drink tea or coffee?
- Buy a pool or a hot tub?
- Would you rather go out or stay in?
- Would you rather eat sushi or Mexican food?
- Snow skiing or sledding?
- Would you rather have a house full of dogs or a house full of cats?
- Would you rather go forward in time or go back?
- Video games or board games?
- Would you rather have to shave your head forever or never cut your hair again?
- Would you rather eat cupcakes or brownies?
- Stay up late at night or go to bed early?
- Would you rather build a house from scratch or buy a home that is already built?
- Would you rather go to a five-star restaurant or hit up a fast food joint?
- Comedy or documentary?
EVERYDAY GET TO KNOW YOU QUESTIONS
Sometimes the simple, every day things are the most interesting things to talk about. Here are some great questions to get to know your spouse or friends!
- What’s your favorite way to spend a weekend?
- What type of music are you into?
- What was the best vacation you ever took and why?
- Where’s the next place on your travel bucket list and why?
- What are your hobbies and how did you get into them?
- What was your favorite age growing up?
- Was the last thing you read digitally or in print?
- Would you say you’re more of an extrovert or an introvert?
- What's your favorite ice cream topping?
- What was the last show you binge-watched?
- Do you have a favorite holiday? Why or why not?
- Do you like going to the movies or prefer watching at home?
- What’s your favorite sleeping position?
See, you're feeling closer already, huh!? Asking these fun get to know you questions is a great way to understand each other on a deeper lever without the pressure. Take them along on a date night out or simply use them as a fun pillow talk prompt!
Don't forget! Grab the printables and you'll be set for your next outing!
Let us know what new thing you learned about your honey in the comments below! We would love to hear from you!
Check out these other helpful posts, too!