It's fall, y'all! So let's pumpkin spice things up, eh? We've rounded up the ultimate list of fun things to do in the fall, so keep on reading.
The sweaters, the bonfires, the pumpkin, the apple picking, Halloween, Thanksgiving…what's NOT to love about fall?! These cooler evenings lately are giving us all the feels, so we decided to sit down and write a little love letter to fall.
*Note: When you click the links in this post, we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
Does fall get in a little crazy in your house, too? Well, don't forget to stop and smell the cider! Without further ado, let's dive right into our list of fun things to do in the fall. Don't worry; none of these will break your bank. We've got free and cheap options your whole family will love!
BUDGET-FRIENDLY FUN FALL ACTIVITIES FOR FAMILIES
We know that fall calendars can fill up in a flash between school, church, work, and all the extracurricular activities. But the next time you have a free weekend or evening, you'll have options galore. Check out these family-friendly fun things to do in the fall, and go make some memories:
- Complete the Fun Cheap or Free Fall Bucket List – Snag our epic free fall bucket list printable and make the most of the season. We're talking haunted houses, pumpkin carving, drive-in movies, and more!
- Find Local Activities – If you've ever wondered how to find fun things to do near you, then wonder no more! Learn how to find all the best free and affordable family-friendly events in your area.
- Cheer on Your Local Team – Taking the whole family to a college sporting event can cost an arm and a leg, but most high schools sell tickets for $5 or less, so get dressed up in the school colors and go have some Friday night fun!
- Have a Family Photo Shoot – If professional photography isn't in your budget, hire a student who's looking for portfolio material, or set up the timer on your camera and go to town with some candids! The fall leaves make the perfect backdrop.
These activities are fun for the whole fam, but what about mom and dad? Next up: let's talk about fall-friendly date ideas!
FUN THINGS TO DO IN THE FALL: COUPLES EDITION
Take advantage of the sights, sounds, smells, and flavors of the season! Here are some date night ideas to check out:
- Fall Date Night Ideas Roundup – From cozy nights at home to adventurous day dates out in nature, this fall date night ideas post is a must-read.
- Game Night – Make it a double date! Invite another couple over for a game night.
- At-Home Date Nights – Are you saving up for the holidays? If a sitter's not in the budget, bring the date nights home. Check out these fun and cheap “date night in” ideas!
Whatever you do, don't forget to keep the romance alive! Cozy up by the fire, make some new memories, and prioritize spending time together. Your future self will thank you.
FEAST ON ONE OF THESE DELICIOUS FALL FOODS
Who's hungry?! One of the best parts about fall is the food, and we've got some recipes you need to try. Whip one of these up for date night or family movie night and enjoy:
- Caramel Apples – Bring the fall festival home! Try our easy caramel apple bar ideas.
- Copycat Starbucks Fall Drinks – Those fancy hot cocoas and pumpkin-flavored drinks are delicious, but $5 several times per week? No thanks! Check out our copycat Starbucks recipes and save a few bucks.
- Pumpkin French Toast – Speaking of pumpkin, add this pumpkin French toast recipe to your family's fall bucket list!
- Homemade Cinnamon Rolls – Savor the smells and flavors of these crazy good homemade cinnamon rolls.
- Apple Ring Pancakes – Going apple picking? Make some apple ring pancakes!
- Slow Cooker Apple Crisp – Still have apples left? This slow cooker apple crisp smells divine and it's so dang delicious.
- Crockpot Chili – Nothing says fall like a big pot of soup, and this easy chili made in the slow cooker is perfect for feeding the masses!
- S'Mores – Start a backyard fire, grab a hoodie and roast some marshmallows. No yard? No problem. Try our microwave s'mores recipe.
Now that we've piqued your sweet tooth, why not talk about Halloween? We've got some ideas that will help you make the most of the spookiest season.
GEAR UP FOR HALLOWEEN WITH THESE POSTS
Whether you live for the candy, the costumes, or the parties, we have SO many Halloween ideas for you to check out:
- Last-Minute Party Ideas – Are you a last-minute kind of gal? You've found your tribe! Here are 20+ last-minute Halloween Party Ideas. (Your secret is safe with us!)
- More Halloween Party Ideas – Is Halloween your favorite holiday? Check out these spooktacular party ideas, and then take a peek at these family-friendly Halloween party theme ideas.
- Budget-Friendly Halloween Costume Ideas – PSA: you don't have to blow through your budget to dress up for Halloween. Check out these Halloween costume ideas!
- Make the Most of Your Candy – If you love candy, we've got two posts for you! First up, find out how to find the best deals on Halloween candy. Next, make sure that candy doesn't go to waste. Here are some genius ways to use leftover candy!
We love the holidays around here, and on the heels of Halloween comes every foodie's favorite feast, so let's talk about Thanksgiving!
START PREPPING FOR THANKSGIVING NOW
We don't know who needs to hear this, but don't save your Thanksgiving prep for the last minute! Seriously, we'll all blink, and the big feast will be here, right? So, take the stress out of the season with these posts that are here to help you prep for the best holiday ever:
- How to Save Money on Thanksgiving – If you're on a tight budget, you can still put together a feast fit for a king! Check out these game-changing tips and grab a free printable that will help you save time and money on Thanksgiving dinner.
- Try a New Recipe – Want to start some new food traditions? Round up the kids and try your hand at a new Thanksgiving recipe.
- Stress Less With These Make-Ahead Foods – Enjoy your Thanksgiving just a bit more this year! These make-ahead holiday foods will help take the stress out of the season.
By the way, if you're looking for creative ways to use your Thanksgiving leftovers, then look no further!
WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE THING TO DO IN THE FALL?
Hopefully, these ideas will get your wheels turning and help you plan a fall full of fun memories!
What's your favorite thing to do in the fall? Drop a comment below and let us know!
Looking for more ways to have fun with the family?
- You'll love these family movie night ideas!
- Why not plan a family game night? We've got all the tips, tricks, and ideas you need.
- Learn how to find free and fun family events near you!
Happy fall, y'all!