I found another great article on allrecipes.com that gives a ton of quick and easy dinner ideas! Check it out:
(see the original article HERE.)
*****Here's my BIG TIP for allrecipes.com: be sure to read all the comments and ratings for the recipes!! They help sooo much!!!*****
- Heat up the pesto, mix with cream, and toss with your favorite pasta and a small amount of the pasta water (1/4 cup or less is fine).
- Broil lightly marinated chicken breasts or fish, then coat with pesto just before they are finished.
- Make your own pizza dough, or use a pre-made pizza crust, and use pesto instead of regular pizza sauce. Chicken, cooked shrimp, goat cheese, or vegetables all make great toppings.
- Use tomato sauce, cream, and stock as a base for pasta with frozen vegetables and leftover chicken.
- Use a can of tuna, chicken stock, and cannellini beans for Pasta y Fagioli, or make a Southwest-style pasta with black beans, chiles, and diced tomatoes.
- Sun-dried tomatoes, mushrooms, and any fresh or frozen vegetables can be sauteed together and tossed with pasta.
Stir-Fry on the Fly
- Slice and chop the vegetables and any meat.
- Mince or grate garlic, ginger, and scallions together, then add to the stir fry just before it is done.
- Scrambled eggs, peanuts, or cashews can also vary the texture and flavor if added.
- Keep soy sauce and sesame oil in the pantry for great stir fry flavor.
- Saute the aromatics (onions, carrots, celery, leeks, bell peppers, etc) in oil or butter.
- Add any meats or longer-cooking ingredients and saute.
- Use stock, milk, cream, or any liquid you choose to turn the soup into a meal.
- Adjust seasonings to taste and serve.
- Select meats, cheeses, bread and vegetables for the sandwich.
- Butter the outside faces of the bread, or spray with oil.
- Heat a skillet on medium-low heat. A cast-iron pan is perfect for this, as it retains heat well and can toast the bread perfectly.
- Cook on the first side for five minutes, or until the cheese starts to melt. Make sure the burner is low enough the bread doesn't burn. Flip, and grill for three to four minutes more.