Today I have a REALLY simple recipe to share with you. This is one of those…
Unfortunately, I need a lot of those recipes lying around.
Working on it.
It's easy because all the ingredients are canned, so you can keep them on-hand in your pantry. Yes, the fact that they are canned means they are less healthy. However, its mostly veggies so in terms of it being a super quick meal…it's really not that bad.
Hey, better than chicken nuggets or something, right?!
Here's what you need:
- 3 cans chicken broth (or 6C water + 6 chicken bouillon cubes)
- 1 can green beans (undrained)
- 1 can Italian stewed tomatoes (cut up, undrained)
- 1 can chicken breast (10oz)
- 1-3T lemon pepper to taste
- 2C bowtie pasta (uncooked)
- 1t lemon juice
- 1/2-1C sour cream
- Pepper to taste
Here's what you do:
- Combine all ingredients except for pasta and sour cream. Bring to a boil. Add pasta, cook until pasta is al dente. Stir in sour cream. Serve!
TOLD you it's easy!
A few quick notes:
- I like to dice up other veggies I have lying around and add them. I've added zuccini chunks and peas, both were delish.
- It seems like there isn't much pasta in there, but TRUST me…it really swells up as it sits so start with 2C only! I actually tend to add a little water throughout the process because the pasta soaks up so much.
- I also like to add extra seasonings – lemon and herb is great.
- I tend to add lots of sour cream, sometimes an entire container. I like mine creamy and it really adds to the flavor.
- I love to sprinkle parmesan cheese on top as it's served. Really adds some pretty texture and nice flavor.
Serve with salad and my 5-minute cornbread or 3-ingredient buttermilk biscuits with honey butter, and you have yourself an easy and delicious meal!
Happy eating 🙂