They are so easy! All you do is:
- Toast up some nice, thick bread (like Ciabatta rolls) on low broil in the oven. You could butter them lightly first if you wanted a nice golden toast.
- Put a thin layer of mayo on the toasted bread.
- Sprinkle some seasoning salt on the mayo.
- Layer sprouts over the mayo/salt mixture (don't skimp out on the sprouts, they really make the sandwich!!).
- Layer thin slices of tomato over the sprouts.
- Layer avocado over the tomato (we like loooots of avo…).
- I haven't tried this yet, but I think a nice layer of bacon would be amazing too…
- Top off the sammy with a slice of provolone.
- Broil on low in the oven until cheese is melted and slightly browned.
- Serve them open-faced, enjoy, and go back for seconds 🙂
Make these on a smaller scale for a nice finger-food for a party or luncheon. You could make them on mini bagels or smaller rolls. Wouldn't they be so pretty at a party??
Enjoy impressing your family and friends with this gourmet-looking (and tasting!) lunch idea. Bon Appetit!