Today I have a super easy, SUPER delish recipe for you. I almost feel bad calling it a recipe, it's so easy.
-2C Pumpkin puree (make your own!)
-1 Cake mix (Carrot or Spice – I used carrot this time and it was awesome.)
-2 handfuls of chocolate chips
- Mix the cake mix and pumpkin together. Mixture will be pretty thick. Throw in a few handfuls of chocolate chips (just eyeball it!) and mix.
- Blob the mix into muffin tins (I have used both baking cups, and no baking cups [just spray the tins with cooking spray first] and both times they turned out fine) about 2/3 full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 13-15 minutes.
- Be sure to watch them, I am at a high elevation and everyone's ovens bake differently! You want them to be cracked on top and spring back when you touch them. You don't want underdone muffins, but remember they still cook a tiny bit once out of the oven!
- Cool on a wire rack, and there you go! Delicious and oh-so-easy muffins! It's a great gift for someone, especially since you can brag that you made the pumpkin yourself 🙂