- My son Hutch is growing faster than I can keep up with, especially when it comes to shoes. I decided to hit up a local thrift store, Deseret Industries, and found a few goodies:
Got this for $4 also. Once again, I feel like other thrift stores would've sold it for cheaper, but no biggie.
- Friday night we went to dinner at Red Robin (are you shocked? We seriously eat there like every weekend…). I can't help eating there, it's so cheap and so good! Their RR Cheeseburgers are only $5.99 right now and comes with bottomless steak fries.
Price-matched some amazing ground beef deals from Wal Mart. See my post HERE to see how I saved $3/lb!
I picked up a few things from Costco last weekend and forgot to post about it. Their coupon deals are good this month, here are a few of the things I recommend taking advantage of:
- Nearly all the components of my awesome Laundry Concoction are on sale, either $2.50 or $3 off (Tide, Clorox 2, Downy fabric softener, etc.).
- Kirkland wipes are $4 off
- Their Take-n-bake pepperoni pizzas are only $6.99 after $3 off. If you don't plan to eat them right away, buy a few and freeze them. Perfect for a last-minute or weekend meal.
For their other coupon offers this month click HERE. They are valid through 11/6, BTW.
Saturday Night we went to our church ward's Trunk-or-Treat. I love dressing up for Halloween and coming up with creative CHEAP or free costumes. (Remember last year's costumes?)
Since we are still living out of boxes in my aunt's basement waiting to close on our new house, I decided to keep things REALLY simple this year. Here's what we did:
There are about 100 ways we could've made these costumes cooler. But like I said, we went reeeeeeeeeeeally simple this year.
Hey, simple, cheap or free costumes are the best! Remember this huge list of DIY costumes? Check out our friends who were hippie organic farmers:
We went to church then cooked one of my pans of frozen Baked Ziti because A) I didn't feel like cooking, and B) I was over my grocery budget for the month and didn't want to go grocery shopping this week. I LOVE having a good freezer meal on-hand.
After dinner we enjoyed the finer things in life…leaving the dirty dishes in the sink for a while so we could have some quality play time. Priceless.