- My SIL flew in from Nor Cal to go to a Mother's Day retreat with me. P.S…no, this wasn't at a church…this was in someone's house. How cool is that fireplace??
- After the retreat we had fun in Salt Lake before taking our SIL to the airport. We ate at Blue Lemon which was soooo good. I couldn't find a coupon online, so we just tried to share as much food as possible and saved our leftovers for future meals.
- Unfortunately I had to deal with some sick kiddos for two weeks. That is DEFINITELY no fun. Now that they are doing better I am going to use my dishwasher trick to de-germ their toys.
We eat LOTS of popsicles at our house when kids are sick.
- Last week there was a great deal on corn at Sunflower Market, 6 for $1!
- For dinner one night we made strawberry spinach salads with grilled chicken and candied almonds. It was reeeeeally easy and so good! I'm not normally much of a salad person, but we had strawberries and spinach that we needed to use up. It was delish!
- We've been working on potty training, taking it nice and easy so I don't push him before he's ready. He's been doing great so far!…mostly due to the fact that his undies are super awesome.
- The weather has been nice so we've done a lot of FREE playing on our deck. I got the kiddie pools on clearance last year as summer was winding down, around August. We've definitely gotten great use out of them!
- While my kids play in the water I try to work on projects. Multi-tasking is the only way to go for me any more. This particular day I worked on “the book graveyard” as I call it.
My son is accidentally (or sometimes on purpose…grrr…) pretty rough with his books. He went through a phase where he would rip them constantly. I kept track of all the ripped parts and I'm taping them back together. He slowly earns back the books he's “broken” by showing me he can be nice to his books. Books are expensive, so I buy them from thrift stores and yardsales and try to make them last as long as possible!
- I had my KSL News segment on Thursday about what to buy from Costco. It was wild…they forgot to come and get me from the lobby until the literal last second. I got mic'd and ran out onto the set just as the cameras started rolling. It was crazy, but turned out ok I think!
- It was the weekend of showers! My cute cousin Brittany had a bridal shower. The food was gorgeous. Look at this easy and beautiful presentation:
- I left that shower and went straight to my friend Lilian's baby shower. Yes, my hair is crazy in this pic. Hey, it was a long day, ok?!
They played the best games at the shower, too.
- They had 3 different baby bottles, each filled with different things. One had M&M's, one had baby Q-tips, the third had baby safety pins. You had to guess how many were in each bottle, so they had 3 different winners. It was a cute game because you could do it throughout the party and not have to organize everyone to sit still and stop talking all at one time. No, I didn't win any of them, dang it.
- This was my favorite! They gave you a paper plate which you had to hold up to your forehead. You then had to draw a baby on the plate, yes, while the plate is still being held to your forehead! Then Lilian got to choose her favorite. It was so funny to see how the pictures turned out. Let me tell you, it's not easy drawing a baby on your forehead!