It's that time of year! Bring on the crisp air, cozy sweater weather, fall foliage, and pumpkin spice everything. Whether you want to stay in with your sweetie, or head out of the house, here are 25 fun fall date night ideas that you’ll want to do!
Fall is the most romantic time of year. The smells, colors, and the cooler temperatures allow you to snuggle up with your sweetie and relax. Whether you want to get bundled up and fulfill your desire to get lost together in a corn maze, or cuddle up on the couch watching a scary film, there is so much to do! With so many amazing fall date night ideas, you’ll never run out of things to do to keep the romance alive.
*Note: When you click the links in this post, we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
Spontaneity and creativity go a long way when deciding just which fall date night ideas you want to try. Step out of your comfort zone with some of these creative ideas and see how much you and your sweetie enjoy the experience. With so many entertaining, affordable things to do during the fall, you’re going to want to plan a ton of date nights! Since most of them are free, how will you choose which one to do first?! Why not do them all?!
FALL DATE NIGHT IDEAS AT HOME
Whether you've got littles at home or just don't feel like getting out, you won’t need to leave the house for date night anytime soon! We've got some fantastic ideas that you can do at home – and most are free or super cheap. You're welcome. 😉
- Play in the Leaves – With the leaves changing to beautiful shades of red, yellow, and orange, it's time to channel your inner child and go outside to play! Grab your sweetie, rake all the leaves into a pile or two, then jump into them.
- Carve Pumpkins – Carving pumpkins is a staple fall activity. Seriously, is it really fall without them?! Plan ahead and make sure you have pumpkins at home that you can carve together. Have fun with it and see who can be the most creative! A pumpkin carving kit is really helpful, too!
- Bonfire – Venture into your backyard and have a bonfire in the fire pit! Cuddle up with some warm blankets (use code PAGE45 for 45% off) and your favorite treats, then enjoy a night of talking and spending quality time together.
- Tailgate Party – Whether it's just the two of you or you invite some friends over, this is sure to be a good time! Grill up some tailgate foods and tune into your favorite football team’s game. Get the experience of being at the stadium from the comfort of your own home!
- Halloween Movie Marathon – Amp up your traditional movie night by putting on your Halloween costume, grabbing a gigantic bag of Halloween candy, and watching all your favorite movies. Whether you're into scary movies or Charlie Brown and the Great Pumpkin, you'll have a memorable time together!
- Stargazing – Venture out into your backyard! Cuddle up in some warm blankets and look up at the stars. Be sure to bring along some yummy treats to share while looking for the Big Dipper!
- Host a Halloween Party – Recruit a couple of other couples to come over for a fun Halloween party! Make sure everyone is wearing their best costumes, and be prepared for lots of laughs.
- Campout – Set up a tent in your backyard or a fort in your living room. Grab some warm blankets, pillows, and have a campout at home! If nothing else, it's a fun way to watch a movie. Don't forget the marshmallows, chocolate, and crackers for s'mores!
- Play Games – Pull out some of your classic board games that you haven’t played in a while and get ready for a night of laughter! Treats are always welcome.
- Make Fall Treats – Think pumpkin spice, apple cider, s'mores, or caramel apples! Turn it into some friendly competition to see whose treat turns out the best.
- Fall-Themed Dinner – Pinterest is full of ideas on how to have a fall-themed dinner at home. Whip up a few fall-themed menu items (butternut squash soup, anyone?) and enjoy a romantic dinner at home, complete with candles. How is that for cute fall date ideas?
- Pumpkin Spice Taste Testing – Round up a few of your favorite treats with pumpkin spice flavoring, then try them out to see which one is your favorite! You can't go wrong with pumpkin spice Cheerios or donuts.
- Cooking Competition – Be adventurous in the kitchen together by creating some friendly competition. Think Cake Wars or Chopped and recreate it at home with your sweetie! See what creations you both come up with and enjoy a homemade dinner, complete with candles.
There are so many fun fall date ideas you can do at home with your sweetie. A little ingenuity and creativity will result in an exciting night that doesn’t cost anything!
FALL DATE IDEAS OUT ON THE TOWN
We're all about those cheap date nights that get you out of the house! Here are some of our favorite fall date night ideas that you and your sweetie can do together out on the town.
- Farmers Market – Escape to the local farmers market for a walk around. You never know what tasty treats you may come across!
- Hike – Escape to the great outdoors! Go for a hike in the crisp fall air. Spend time talking and reconnecting while enjoying the beauty of the season.
- Drive to See the Changing Leaves – Jump in the car and go for a long drive together. You'll have a great time talking while also enjoying the sights. Use our get to know you questions for some fun prompts!
- Hayride – Here's another classically romantic fall activity! Cozy up together with a warm blanket and enjoy the ride. You can't go wrong bringing some homemade Mexican hot chocolate!
- Oktoberfest – Spend an afternoon walking around an Oktoberfest market, taking in the sights and smells. Bring a few dollars to get a delectable treat to share!
OLD SCHOOL DATE NIGHT IDEAS
- Haunted House/Corn Maze – Fall is the perfect time to channel your inner child and get scared together! This is the perfect excuse to hold hands and show affection in public. What are you waiting for? Go get lost!
- Pumpkin Patch – These are always so much fun! The pumpkins make for a great backdrop to take some cute pictures of the two of you, too.
- Fall Carnival – Enjoy all the festivities with this ultimate fall date night idea! Keep it on the cheap side by only bringing a few dollars in cash to spend on food or rides.
- Trick-or-Treat – Some may say that trick-or-treating is not for adults, but we’d beg to differ! Throw on your favorite costume and go trick-or-treating at your friends' and family's houses.
- Scavenger Hunt – Make a list of fall items and see who can find the most items first. Winner gets a massage, or anything they want, when you get home!
- Football Game – Attend your local high school football game to help support your community! Bring your own snacks for an affordable date night out.
- Bike Ride – Take a leisurely bike ride with your sweetie around your favorite places! Pack a blanket so you can make stops along the way and cuddle up while taking in the scenery.
Don’t be afraid to step out of your comfort zone to get to know your spouse on a deeper level while having an enjoyable time together! Try these affordable, budget-friendly fall date night ideas and see how your relationship turns into something more beautiful.
Let us know which of these ideas you’re planning on trying or what some of your other fun fall date night ideas are in the comments below!
Looking for more great fall ideas?