Satisfy that sweet tooth with one of these super easy dessert ideas. These family friendly recipes will have you enjoying the process AND the end result!
We all deserve a little treat every now and then. Treat yourself with one of these super fun and EASY dessert ideas. Whether you're looking for a quick, no-fuss fix, or a decadent, whimsical treat, there is something (or a lot of things) on this list for you!
*Note: When you click the links in this post, we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
Get your kids cooking, too! These dessert recipes are so simple, they make a great family-night teaching opportunity. Get everyone in the kitchen together and see what you come up with. It'll make your finished dessert taste even sweeter when you work together!
NO-BAKE DESSERT IDEAS
These no-bake easy dessert ideas are definitely less hassle… with ALL the taste. You'll have just as much fun putting them together as you will eating them!
- Rice Crispy Treats – Try these with peanut butter.
- Cheesecake – So many flavors to choose from!
- Cheesecake Pops – Freeze cubes of cheesecake in silicone ice cube trays then dip in baker's chocolate and top with sprinkles.
- Oreo Pops – This recipe is for patriotic pops, but you can switch up the sprinkles for any occasion!
- Homemade Popsicles – So many great popsicle recipes to choose from here!
- Easy Banana Pudding – Instant vanilla pudding mix topped with bananas and vanilla wafers.
- Cake Batter Fudge – It's bowl lickin' good!
- Strawberry Cream Pie – This recipe only calls for a few ingredients, but it sure looks fancy.
These no-bake easy dessert ideas are sure to please everyone in your family.
BAKED DESSERT IDEAS
These delicious desserts may require an oven, but we promise—they are SO EASY. Most only use a handful of ingredients and just a little time!
- Peanut Butter Cookies – This recipe only uses 4 ingredients!
- Chocolate Bundt Cake – This doctored cake mix is the best!
- Mug Cakes – Only 8 minutes for a delicious, personal chocolate mug cake? Yes, please!
- Milk and Cookie Cups – Try this fun twist on milk and cookies. The kids will LOVE it.
- Nutella Brownies – Just four ingredients and one bowl. Delish!
- Easy Lemon Cake – This super simple recipe is a great introduction into baking for your kids!
- Cupcakes in a Jar – Again, ditch the red, white and blue if you don't want them to be patriotic!
- Cake Mix Cookies – So easy and so yummy.
Now, grab your matching aprons and and get baking. Make it a fun family tradition!
OUR FAVORITE FRUITY TREATS
Fruit makes everything healthier, right? Yeah… we'll go with that! These tasty, fruity dessert ideas will leave you satisfied for sure.
- Strawberry Spiderman – Use frosting to draw Spiderman eyes on a hulled strawberry to create an uncanny resemblance. Easy and fun!
- Berries and Whipped Cream – For a suuuuper easy and healthy treat.
- Fruit Salad – Use what you have in true shelf cooking fashion.
- Banana Split Pops – Okay, these are just bananas!
- Chocolate Covered Strawberries – SO much cheaper than the store bought kind.
- Caramel Apples – Use this caramel recipe!
- Cottage Cheese Fruit Salad – Creamy and dreamy.
These easy dessert ideas are so fun and some can even be made by the kids with no help from you! Let them become chef for a night and whip up some berries and whipped cream all by themselves. Not only will you get a treat, they'll get a boost of confidence!
OUT OF THE BOX EASY DESSERT IDEAS
These easy dessert ideas are as quirky as they are simple. A little out of the box, they'll be a hit with the kids for sure!
- Fairy Bread – An Australian classic! Simply take a slice of bread, butter it generously and cover with multicolored sprinkles. Slice into 2 triangles and enjoy.
- S'mores Casserole – Yeah, it IS as good as it sounds.
- Dirt Cups – Don't forget the gummy worms.
- Starburst Slime – Yeah… it's a thing!
- Ice Cream in a Bag – It's dessert, and science.
- Mexican Hot Chocolate – Not food, but too good not to include!
- Snickers Apple Salad – Salads are healthy, right!?
Is your mouth watering yet? These fun, family friendly, easy dessert ideas are guaranteed to make you smile whether you're making them or eating them! What is your favorite kid-friendly dessert to enjoy with your family? Share with us in the comments below!
Looking for other helpful posts?
- Need some fresh and easy meal ideas? Check out this list of 100 + dinner ideas!
- Learn why eating dinner together as a family is SO IMPORTANT!
- Beat the blues with these rainy day activities for kids!