We're giddy over here because today we're sharing one of our favorite DIY projects of all time! This lemon sugar scrub comes together with just 3-ingredients, smells AMAZING, and makes a perfect gift. What's not to love?!
If you still haven't jumped on the coconut oil bandwagon, this post might make you a believer. Not only is it so good for your body, inside and out, but it helps bring together our DIY obsession: lemon sugar scrub.
*Note: When you click the links in this post, we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
This quick, easy, and inexpensive DIY project serves so many purposes. Keep one near your kitchen sink to banish stinky hands, keep a stash to give as gifts to family and friends, or to use on any day ending in y. It's super moisturizing, and it smells SO lemony fresh. You're gonna love it! Ready to do this?!
GATHER UP YOUR SUPPLIES FOR THIS LEMON SUGAR SCRUB
You only need three ingredients to bring this luscious, lemony scrub together. Before we get started, make sure you have these items handy:
Planning to gift wrap your scrub? You might what to gather these supplies:
- Cellophane Bags (We got ours from Michaels and used a 20% off coupon. Score!)
- Wooden Spoons
- Twine or Baker's Twine
- Gift Tags
That's really all you need! We'll get to the instruction in a just a minute, but first, we've got a few ideas to share. Want to know how you can use your lemon sugar scrub?
GENIUS WAYS TO USE YOUR SCRUB
Other than keeping a jar on the kitchen window sill and enjoying the glorious scent, what can you do with your lemon sugar scrub? Lots! Here are a few of our favorite ideas:
- Remove Blackheads – This scrub has amazing exfoliating power and it's gentle enough to use on your face! Rub a little on trouble spots, let it sit for around 10-minutes, then scrub away and rinse. If that sounds good, you'll love this post about skincare hacks!
- Soften Hands – Between all the handwashing, hand sanitizer, and dishes, dry skin is inevitable. Especially in the winter! Give your hands a treat. Just apply the scrub all over, gently massage, then rinse.
- Spray Tan Prep – If you're planning to get a spray tan anytime soon, try this little trick! Use the lemon sugar scrub to exfoliate and moisturize the day before you get sprayed. It will help you get a more even tan!
- Spa Gift Basket – Give your mom, sister, or best friend an at-home spa kit. Add a jar or two of this scrub, some handmade soap, a candle, sheet mask, and few other goodies. They'll love it!
- Deodorize – When you can't get that stubborn onion smell out of your hands, reach for the lemon sugar scrub! It absorbs the toughest odors and leaves those hands feeling soft and smooth.
We could keep going, but we bet your wheels are turning now! Ready to make a batch of this lemon sugar scrub we've been hyping? Let's do this!
HOW TO MAKE LEMON SUGAR SCRUB
It's time to get crafty! This DIY scrub is so easy and SO much fun to make. Line up your ingredients, and let's get started.
Easy Lemon Sugar Scrub
- Mason jars
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 40 drops lemon essential oil
- Place 1 cup of coconut oil in a microwave-safe bowl and melt for about 45 seconds. Coconut oil will be solid below 76°F. If you live in a warmer climate, your coconut oil may already be liquid in the jar, so you don't need to heat it.
- Measure 2 cups of sugar into a bowl and slowly add your melted coconut oil. Mix until your sugar and coconut oil are combined. Your mixture should be more sugary than oily.
- Next, add about 40-50 drops of lemon essential oil.
- Spoon the scrub into your mason jar, then seal.
- For gifting, wrap your jar in a cellophane bag and attach a wooden spoon (for scooping) with twine. Add a tag to this perfectly giftable treat, and you're done!
See?! We told you this was easy. And we can already smell that lemony goodness! Mmmmmm…
Is anyone else ready to make a batch of this scrub like right now? We've got DIY on our brains for this weekend!
We hope you love this recipe as much as we do! We're curious. What's your favorite essential oil? Drop a comment below and let us know!
Ready to take on a few more DIY projects?
- This four-ingredient finger paint will keep your kids busy!
- These DIY hand warmers will keep you cozy.
- Learn how to make sidewalk paint. This recipe is easy AND fun!
Squeeze the day!