Hey! It's Mel and Steff back from Find it, Make it, Love it! We are so excited to share this super easy Christmas Advent Calendar with you today! It is seriously the easiest Christmas craft ever – no special skills required, and uses very few materials…all you really need is some cute scrapbook paper to make it look incredible! Let us prove it to you:
Here's what you need:
- Paper Mache Advent Box (We found this Advent box at Hobby Lobby, we used a 40% off coupon and got it for under $10 (but here's one on Amazon for about $12).
- Christmas Paper: Also bought at Hobby Lobby, when all the paper was 50% off. We love to get these paper packs – all the paper coordinates perfectly, making the project that much easier! (here's some adorable Christmas paper packs that we love, and here's more cute paper too)
- Glue or Mod Podge
- Number Stamps and ink (we thought THESE stamps were really cute, or even THESE simples ones)
- Stickers and/or any other desired Christmas embellishments
Here's how you do it:
- Cut squares of paper to fit each little box. You will want to cut 2 of each pattern – one for the front of the box and one for the back.
We fell in love with this vintage Christmas paper!
- Next, brush on glue or Mod Podge and attach the paper to the box.
- Now it's time to add the numbers and embellishments! We chose to use number stamps.
Remember to START with 25 and END with 1, since it's a Christmas countdown!
- Last step is to hot glue the ribbon and bow. Be sure to run the ribbon down the sides only, not the bottom (so it will stand flat).
And…voila! Cutest Advent Calendar EVER.
Last step is to fill the boxes with something fun! You could write up a small activity to do each day, or if you're like us and would rather avoid the added stress of having an activity to tackle every night, you could opt for a small treat.
With little kids it's so fun for them to be able to look at the countdown and know that whatever number we're on is how many days there are until Christmas!
We added some pretty gold deer to the a couple of the backs too. 😉
So easy right?! We finished this baby in no time and are so thrilled with how simple it really was!
Come on over to finditmakeitloveit.com for more good, crafty fun!
Thanks for sharing, ladies!