These deliciously frugal dinner ideas for friends are perfect for making someone smile after a difficult day. They're quick and easy to make and won't blow the grocery budget!
Whether they just had a baby, had a busy day, or are laid up in bed sick, a meal is a great way to ease your friend's burden and let them know you care. Really, who doesn't love a delicious meal delivered straight to your door after a hard day? The best part? You don't even have to blow your grocery budget to do it!
*Note: When you click the links in this post, we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
We've compiled a list of 15+ frugal, yet delicious meals you can take to your friend that won't break the bank in the process. Quick, easy, and drool-worthy, these dinner ideas for friends will satisfy every belly! Alright, let's get to it!
EASY CASSEROLES TO TAKE SOMEONE
Casseroles are a great one-dish frugal meal to take to friends in need. Grab yourself some foil casserole tins and get to cooking!
- Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole – This chicken broccoli rice casserole is so easy to make and a total crowd favorite!
- Zucchini Casserole – Everyone will want seconds of this chicken zucchini casserole!
- Chicken Carbonara – Chicken carbonara is cheap to make, fast, and so tasty!
- Tamale Casserole – Feeling like Mexican? This tamale casserole will be loved by all.
- Chicken Parmesan Casserole – Mhmm. This chicken parmesan casserole is a fun twist on the classic dish!
- Grandma's Chicken Pot Pie – You cannot beat this delicious chicken pot pie recipe!
These casseroles pack a punch of flavor and comfort!
DELICIOUS SOUPS TO TAKE TO A FRIEND
Soup screams comfort, especially when the weather is cool! Lift your friend's spirits and ease their stress with a pot of one of these tasty soups.
- Chicken Gnocchi – This chicken gnocchi soup is the perfect comfort on a cold day. Don't forget the french bread!
- Loaded Baked Potato Soup – Cheesy, creamy and full of carbs… this potato soup is ah-ma-zing!
- Taco Soup – Get all the fiesta flavors in this yummy taco soup recipe.
- Curried Sweet Potato Soup – Have a vegetarian friend who needs a little comfort? This meatless curried sweet potato soup will hit the spot!
- Butternut Squash Soup – Similar in flavor to the sweet potato soup, this butternut squash soup is a hug in a bowl!
See, we told you they were good. Mhmmmmm.
GOOD MEALS TO TAKE TO FAMILIES
While any of these meals can be doubled for a big family, here are some of our favorite family-style meals to take to a friend!
- Sweet and Sour Meatballs – This sweet and sour meatball recipe is great for feeding a group!
- Garlic Brown Sugar Chicken – This garlic brown chicken recipe only uses four ingredients!
- Oven-Baked Tacos – These delicious oven-baked tacos can be made with any meat you already have on hand.
- Taquitos – Taquitos are not only good, they're freezer friendly! Make a double batch and give them one to eat and one for later!
- Baked Ziti – Pasta is cheap and is usually loved by all! This baked ziti recipe won't disappoint.
Now that you have some of our best dinner ideas for friends, you're ready to serve! Not only will you fill their bellies with delicious food, it'll warm their hearts to know you care.
What are some of your go-to meals to take to friends in need? Share in the comments below!
Want more yummy goodness?
- You need to try these 25 easy dinner ideas NOW!
- Try these homemade dinner rolls!
- These make-ahead freezer breakfasts will make your life so much easier!