Nothing is better than a one-pan, 5-ingredient meal! Whip this “delicious chicken” recipe up in no time and you'll have a family-approved dinner on the table in just a short time!
With lots of kids and life being crazy, we've turned to incredibly easy dinners. If it's a one-pan, slow cooker, freezer-to-oven, or a meal with just a few ingredients you likely already have (#ShelfCooking), we are all over it. That's why we're sharing a favorite around our house that is not only quick and easy, it's DELICIOUS. So delicious, in fact, it's called Delicious Chicken. (Clearly.)
*Note: When you click the links in this post, we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
All you need are 5 ingredients, some seasonings, and one pan to make this bad boy awesomeness. The secret ingredient is graham crackers, believe it or not! It coats the chicken in a sweet, salty breading that leaves you without a problem in the world. Add this to your recipe binder, because you're going to want to make it again and again!
Since you're all slobbering and it's getting a bit awkward, we now present our…
DELICIOUS CHICKEN RECIPE
You really can't go wrong with this delicious chicken recipe! It's the perfect use of graham crackers that are going stale or are leftover from your s'mores party. No graham crackers? No problem! You can also use Ritz crackers, cereal, or even bread crumbs. If you want the sweetness of graham crackers, then add just a little brown sugar and you'll be on your way to making your taste buds do a happy dance.
(Originally adapted from 101 Things To Do With a Casserole book)
- 8 Tbsp Butter, divided
- 3-4 cups Potatoes, very thinly sliced
- 1 can Corn, drained (or 16-oz frozen corn)
- 1-1.5 cups Honey Graham Crackers, crushed
- 3-4 large Skinless Chicken Breasts, cut into strips
- 2 tsp Basil, separated
- 2 tsp Salt, separated
- 2 tsp Pepper, separated
- 1 tsp Rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Put 4 Tbsp butter in a 9×13 pan and place in the oven as it's preheating. Don't let the butter burn!
- Meanwhile, slice the potatoes. Line the bottom of the pan with potatoes and top with corn. Add 1 tsp each of basil, salt, and pepper.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs with 1 tsp each of basil, salt and rosemary.
- Dip chicken into 4 Tbsp melted butter, then coat completely in crumb mixture. Place on top of potatoes and corn. Sprinkle remaining crumb mixture on top!
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes (depending on how large your chicken tenders are). Uncover and bake another 10 minutes or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F and the potatoes are tender.
- Serve with your favorite sides and tell all your friends how awesome you are.
Sounds so delicious, right?! If you're lucky enough to have any left over, then you won't be disappointed! It reheats really well and you'll get to enjoy it all over again.
OUR FAVORITE SIDES
This delicious chicken recipe pairs so well with pretty much any side that you have! Here are some of our favorites:
- Strawberry Spinach Salad
- Caprese Salad with a Balsamic Glaze
- Corn on the Cob
- Oven-Roasted Veggies
- Green Beans
- Rustic Bread
- Fruit Salad
Alright, well there you have it! Our famous “Delicious Chicken” recipe that'll have your family saying wow in 2.5 seconds, flat. Let us know how much you love it in the comments!
Have you checked out ShelfCooking.com yet? Our brand new site is dedicated to helping you cook delicious, nutritious, and budget-friendly meals for your family without spending too much time in the kitchen!
Basically every parent's dream, right? Join our Shelf Cooking Community today!
Looking for more great ideas?!