Nothing is better than a one-pan, 5-ingredient meal! (Can we get an amen?!) Whip this “delicious chicken” recipe up in no time, and you'll have a family-approved dinner on the table in just a short time!
With lots of kids and life being crazy, we've turned to effortless dinners. If it's a one-pan, slow cooker, freezer-to-oven, or a meal with just a few ingredients you likely already have (#ShelfCooking), we are all over it. That's why we're sharing a favorite around our house that is not only quick and easy; it's DELICIOUS. So delicious, in fact, it's called Delicious Chicken. (Clearly.)
*Note: When you click the links in this post, we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
All you need are five ingredients, some seasonings, and one pan to make this awesomeness. The secret ingredient is graham crackers, believe it or not! It coats the chicken in a sweet, salty breading that leaves you wondering why the heck you never thought to use graham crackers before. Add this to your recipe binder because you're going to want to make it again and again!
OUR FAVORITE SIDES
This delicious chicken recipe pairs so well with pretty much any side that you have! Here are some of our favorites:
- Strawberry Spinach Salad
- Caprese Salad with a Balsamic Glaze
- Corn on the Cob
- Oven-Roasted Veggies
- Green Beans
- Rustic Bread
- Fruit Salad
Keep it simple, mama! Since this dish features potatoes, you don't need much on the side, so don't be afraid to pull out that leftover sliced watermelon and call it good.
HOW TO MODIFY THIS RECIPE
Are you missing an ingredient or two but dying to try our delicious chicken recipe? Don't worry! Here are a few easy modifications you can try:
- Graham Cracker Substitute – No graham crackers? No problem! You can also use Ritz crackers, cereal, or even bread crumbs. If you want the sweetness of graham crackers, then add just a little brown sugar, and you'll be on your way to making your taste buds do a happy dance.
- Chicken Breast Substitute – We used boneless, skinless chicken breasts because we had a ton in the fridge, but thighs are A-okay, too.
- Corn Substitute – If you're out of corn, don't sweat it. Leave it out, or sub in another veggie. A can of green beans would work!
- Potato Substitute – Use up any kind of potato you have, or mix and match. You could even try sweet potatoes. The flavors mesh well with the sweetness from the graham crackers!
If your spice rack is looking bare, use what you have. Packets of dry salad dressing mix work great in a pinch! The moral of the story? You can use whatever you have in the fridge and pantry to whip up this recipe, so just step away from the car keys. Now, are you ready to get to this EASY and mouthwatering recipe?!
EASY CHICKEN CASSEROLE RECIPE
You really can't go wrong with this delicious chicken recipe! It's the perfect use of graham crackers that are going stale or are leftover from your s'mores party.
Delicious Chicken Recipe
- 8 Tbsp butter, divided
- 3-4 cups potatoes, very thinly sliced
- 1 can corn, drained (or 16-oz frozen corn)
- 1-1 ½ cups honey graham crackers, crushed
- 3-4 large skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 tsp basil, separated
- 2 tsp salt, separated
- 2 tsp pepper, separated
- 1 tsp rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Put 4 Tbsp butter in a 9×13 pan and place in the oven as it's preheating. (Don't let the butter burn!) Pour the melted butter into a separate bowl or dish.
- Meanwhile, slice the potatoes. Line the bottom of the pan with potatoes and top with corn. Add 1 tsp each of basil, salt, and pepper.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs with 1 tsp each of basil, salt, and rosemary.
- Dip chicken into 4 Tbsp melted butter, then coat completely in the crumb mixture. Place on top of the potatoes and corn. Sprinkle remaining crumb mixture on top!
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes (depending on how large your chicken tenders are). Uncover and bake another 10 minutes or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F and the potatoes are tender.
- Serve with your favorite sides and tell all your friends how awesome you are.
Sounds so delicious, right?! If you're lucky enough to have any leftovers, then you won't be disappointed! It reheats really well, and you'll get to enjoy it all over again.
Alright, well there you have it! Our famous “Delicious Chicken” recipe that'll have your family saying wow in 2.5 seconds, flat. Let us know how much you love it in the comments!
Have you checked out ShelfCooking.com yet? Our sister site is dedicated to helping you cook delicious, homemade meals for your family without spending too much time in the kitchen!
Basically every parent's dream, right? Join our Shelf Cooking Community today!
Looking for more great ideas?!
- A baked potato bar is the perfect way to feed a crowd (or your family) a cheap, filling, and delicious meal!
- Our smothered tilapia recipe is another quick and delicious meal that'll please the whole family!
- Chicken tacos are so easy to make, plus we've got 3 ways to reuse the leftovers!