Kirk is a family therapist that puts on these awesome couples dinner workshop classes to help you kill two birds with one stone – you get to eat delicious dinner and enjoy a kid-free date night, while strengthening and improving your relationship!
- You sign up for the class of your choice. They have 3-hour Dinner Workshop classes (“More From Marriage” which is the one we attended, or “Decoding your Teen”), or shorter 1-hour Couples Classes (various class options HERE).
- You attend the class with small groups of other couples at their facilities in Sandy, UT. He usually likes to keep it to 6 couples or less so it's a nice, intimate group so you can ask questions and feel comfortable getting involved in the class.
- You enjoy a powerpoint presentation given by Kirk, which is full of helpful (and sometimes hilarious) video clips, examples, stories, and info.
- The class is broken up by …mmmm….catered dinner. We had a ton of fun sitting and chatting with the other couples while we all ate. We made some great friends!
- We returned to the class full and rejuvenated and enjoyed the rest of the presentation.
One of the things he taught that really stood out to me is that we shouldn't ever feel guilty taking “self-time”. He said we all need AT LEAST 30 minutes a day where we do…well…whatever WE want to do! Meditation, running, shopping, stretching, taking a bath, whatever it is.
- One free admission for two to a fun, relaxed Couples Class at Amber Creek Counseling,
- Plus one $60 gift card to The Cheesecake Factory