Looking for a fun and different twist to your spooking season this year? Leave neighbors and family a frightfully fantastic treat on their doorstep with our FREE “you've been booed” printable!
Halloween is definitely one of our favorite holidays! The haunting season really helps to ring in the fall and cooler weather. Autumn leaves, crisp air, and pumpkins all around… there's nothing better! Talk about starting off the holiday season with a bang… Costumes, candy, parties, trick-or-treating, what more could you want?!
*Note: When you click the links in this post, we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
While we love all of the usual Halloween fun, we also like to add in a little bit of service when we can. It's a great way to ring in the spooky season, while also letting those you love know you're thinking about them! Use our free “you've been booed” printable to create this frighteningly fun and special “thinking about you” treat! Ready to get to it and see how easy it is?
WHAT YOU'LL NEED FOR THIS FUN HALLOWEEN IDEA
Putting something together for your neighbors or family members doesn't have to be expensive or time-consuming! We are all about keeping things easy around here.
Here's what you'll need to put together your “You've Been Booed!” treat:
- Container – This doesn't have to be overly fancy! Just something big enough to hold your treats. Halloween gift bags, cheap plastic containers from the dollar store, small decorative boxes, cellophane gift bags, etc.
- Goodies – You can really let your creative juices fly, here! It doesn't have to be overly expensive or time-consuming. You can go the easy route and buy some cheap goodies from the store or make them yourself… Don't worry, we've got some great themed ideas for you below!
- You've Been Booed Printable – Don't worry, we've got the hookup for you! Just print these out and keep a few extras on hand in case you need to scare up some more fun!
Pro Tip: Stock up on Halloween containers once the holiday is over and they're on crazy sale at the store for next year! Then, if you like to give away any non-perishable goodies, stock up on those as well. You can really save some money this way!
HOW TO USE OUR FREE “YOU'VE BEEN BOOED” PRINTABLE
First, print out the super cute “you've been booed” printable and put the poem in your container with the goodies. Next, tape the “we've been booed” printable to their front door and leave the container of goodies on their doorstep. Ring the doorbell or knock on the door and run like crazy!
The adrenaline rush of trying to run and hide is legit and it's fun to watch them open the door and see their surprise! You're going to love it so much, you'll want to make this a new Halloween tradition for every year to come.
FUN “YOU'VE BEEN BOOED” IDEAS TO GO ALONG WITH THE PRINTABLE
You definitely don't have to have a theme if that overcomplicates things! Your neighbors and loved ones will love this printable and treats! They're loads of fun! However, we love a good theme and wanted to share some of our favorites with you… So here ya go!
- Basic Halloween Night – Bring the trick-or-treating to those who can't get out to celebrate! Fill it with the fun-sized or mini candy bars and other Halloween candies. You can never go wrong with fun popcorn hands, either!
- Movie Night – Grab a few bags of popcorn and some movie theater candy (it's usually cheapest at Walmart!). Next, you can add a cheap, family-friendly Halloween movie or include a Redbox code for a free movie to rent. Super simple and super fun!
- Baking Kit – Include a bag of cookie mix, Halloween cookie cutters, and a bottle of festive sprinkles. BAM! A family activity everyone would enjoy!
- Caramel Apple Kit – You can never go wrong with a caramel apple bar! Grab some apples, some caramels (bonus points if it's homemade caramel!), and a few toppings (M&M's, crushed Oreos, maybe some chopped nuts). The perfect fall treat!
- Pizza Party – A $5 gift card to Little Caesars would buy pizza for the whole family! You could include some festive plates and napkins to make it extra fun.
- Homemade Goodies – Have some favorite Halloween goodies that you like to make? We can promise you, your neighbors and family will love to eat them! Make your favorite mini muffins, peanut butter fudge, or extra-special cookies made with Halloween candy.
Stick your goodies in your container with the printable, and you've got a fun and easy treat!
START A NEIGHBORHOOD TRADITION
Start this special Halloween tradition in your neighborhood or with your family around town. It's fun to see the BOO! fun spread around to other houses! This is also a lot of fun to send to your college students so they can also start the tradition in their dorm!
But enough about us… What are your favorite Halloween traditions? Share them with us in the comments below!
Looking for more festive ideas? Don't stop here!
- Don't let that leftover Halloween candy go to waste! Repurpose it into something new and save that monay.
- Start budgeting for the holidays and you won't have to worry about spending too much money on them again!
- Print out our fall bucket list printable and start checking off the fun with your family!
Have a scary good time out there!