The World's Best Cinnamon Rolls…Ever.
- 1 cup warm milk (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1/3 cup margarine, melted
- 4 1/2 cups bread flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
SUGAR MIXTURE (I like to add extra sugar & cinnamon!)
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 1/2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
FROSTING (I like to double this!!)
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Place dough ingredients in the pan of the bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer (for me it's wet ingredients first). Select dough cycle; press Start.
- Just a reminder: I LOVE my bread maker, and I got it for $4 from a thrift store! It's worth the investment, whatever you decide to pay for it (though I recommend going used). I use it for any recipe that calls for dough; bread, pizza, desserts, rolls, ANYTHING. It's fabulous.
- After the dough has doubled in size turn it out onto a lightly floured surface, cover and let rest for 10 minutes. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll dough into a 16×21 inch rectangle.
- Spread dough with 1/3 cup softened butter (I just smush it around with my fingers)
- Sprinkle evenly with sugar/cinnamon mixture. Make sure to get it to the very edges!! (I like to save a little mixture to sprinkle on top of the rolls once they are rolled up.)
- Roll up dough from the LONG side of the triangle (you get more rolls that way!).
- Cut into 12-16 rolls. Thicker cutes = taller, thicker rolls. They don't RISE as much as they SPREAD side to side.
- Place rolls in a lightly greased 9×13 inch baking pan. Be sure to space the rolls out in your pan so they DON'T TOUCH. You may have to bake them in 2 or even 3 separate pans. I like to let them rise for at least 30 minutes (longer = bigger).
- (NOTE: I actually use a larger pan…sometimes two pans. I let my dough rise for a long time in the bread machine [it seriously ends up oozing out of the machine!]…usually because I'm off doing stuff and forget about it. This makes MUCH more dough so I get at least 14-18 rolls out of mine and need more space!)
- I like to sprinkle them with a little extra brown sugar mixture.
- Cover and let rise until nearly doubled, about 30 minutes.
- I like to turn my oven on for 3-5 minutes, turn it off, then cover and let rise in the warm oven.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Since I'm in Utah I bake mine at 375 because they get brown too fast at 400
- Bake rolls in preheated oven until golden brown, about 15 minutes. Don't over-bake!
- While rolls are baking, beat together cream cheese, 1/4 cup butter, confectioners' sugar, vanilla extract and salt. Spread frosting on warm rolls before serving.
Once gain, click HERE for printable recipe.
Enjoy!…I know I sure do…
*Recipe originally adapted from THIS ONE.
Cinnamon roll photo source HERE