Whether you have one bathroom or ten, keep them organized so you know exactly where everything is. These bathroom organization ideas will not only save you time, but some are also extra gorgeous, and they'll actually help you save money!
An organized life is a happy and productive life! It reduces the amount of time you spend looking for things when you know exactly where to find them. And if you're anything like us, it makes your heart happy when everything has a place and isn't a big, cluttered mess.
*Note: When you click the links in this post, we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
We focus on organization, organize our pantry, and even have some organization hacks that'll save you money! That's how passionate we are about keeping our lives, and everything in them, organized. Today, we're focused on bathroom organization ideas. Some bathrooms are big enough that items don't need a designated space, so things end up being haphazardly placed everywhere. Other bathrooms are so small, you feel like you're lucky to be able to close the door without running into another wall.
Well, no more disorganized bathroom stressors for you, not on our watch! Let's jump on in and get started with…
EASY BATHROOM ORGANIZATION IDEAS
Help your budget out by keeping your bathroom organized! You'll know exactly where to find any and all products that you use. No more trips to the grocery store for more toothpaste, only to come home and unearth a two-pack of unopened tubes hiding underneath other items. Give everything a place in your bathroom with these ideas to save time and money:
- Plastic Pullout Drawers – These drawers come in a variety of sizes and are a great way to organize under sinks or in cabinets. They're especially handy if your bathroom doesn't have any drawers for storage!
- Mason Jar Wall Holder – Pinterest has tons of ideas for hanging mason jars on the wall! They can hold anything from Q-tips and cotton balls to your favorite makeup and brushes. (PS…we LOVE this Reliable Lip Stain from Shine makeup! Use code JORDAN for 10% off to find out WHY!)
- Corner Shelf – Put that bare space in the corner to good use! You can hang corner shelves on the wall, or use a stand-alone unit on the floor or countertop. Some even rotate 360° and can hide your storage items when not in use!
- Baskets – Use baskets from the dollar store, Walmart, Target, or Amazon to keep like things together. Bonus points if you label the outside so you know exactly what's in them at all times!
- Apothecary Jars – Large jars are perfect for storing bulk items in, such as Epsom salts. You can also use them for storing loose, small items, like travel-sized bottles or makeup. They're also super cute if you're storing them where everybody can see them!
- Drawer Organizers – Don't forget about organizing those drawers! The dollar store has cheap packs of small trays that fit perfectly in a drawer. There are also systems that interlock, so you can mix and match sizes and make the most of your drawer space. You can also make your own using old cereal boxes! Now that's frugal. 😉
- Over-the-Door Hanger – An over-the-door hook is a great way to use up that space that would otherwise be unused. You can hang towels up to dry or a robe when it's not in use. The over-the-door shoe hanger with pockets is another great use of storage! You can store shoes in it if needed. But you can also store pretty much any other bathroom essentials in it that you need!
- Stand-Alone Storage Cabinet – This is the perfect way to store items while also hiding them behind closed doors. They can hold anything from linens to hairdryers and can really add some style to the room.
- Use Unconventional Items – Hang a wooden crate, a wooden flat-sided basket, or a wire flat-sided basket sideways on the wall. Not only will it look cute, but it'll give you 2 “shelves” to store things on. Bonus if they have hooks on the bottom to hang things!
- Rolling Art Caddy – Turn an unused rolling art caddy into the ultimate bathroom organization tool! Just remember, keep it organized so you can easily find what you need.
- Pallet Wall Organizer – This will not only give you some great wall organization, but you can also use it as decoration! Pinterest has some great ideas for these, as usual.
- Hanging Baskets – If you have some spare wall space to add a towel bar (or have an unused bar), hang baskets off it using ribbon! It makes for some cute decor and also gives you lots more space for organizing.
Does this have your organization juices pumping yet? The bathroom is definitely one of the most-used rooms in the house. There's no reason why you shouldn't make it work for you!
HOW TO ORGANIZE YOUR BATHROOM WHEN IT'S SMALL
We've likely all been there. Small bathrooms are no joke! But we promise there are ways to still get the most out of that tiny water closet. Use these small bathroom organization ideas to make the most of your space!
- Metal Rack or Wire Shelving – You can find these in almost every size from places like Home Depot, Walmart, and even Amazon. Find a size that'll work for your room and use it!
- Over-the-Toilet Shelves or Cabinets – Who needs a picture on the wall when you can get more use out of it? Hang some shelves or a cabinet above your toilet to give you more space. You can also buy an over-the-toilet storage system if you don't want to hang anything permanently on the wall.
- Ladder Shelf – We love a good ladder shelf because they are just so cute! You can easily make your own to fit your space.
- Use Bare Space – If you've got bare space on the walls or floor, make it work for you! The empty space between the sink and the mirror is a great place to hang a wall organizer.
- Hanging Toilet Paper Basket – Easily store your toilet paper where you can reach it and it's not taking up precious space that you need for other items. These over-the-tank toilet paper holders put that unused space to good work!
- Magnets – Use magnets to store items! You can add strips on the wall, inside a medicine cabinet door, and inside cabinet doors. They can hold anything metal, like bobby pins, fingernail clippers, tweezers, or your eyelash curler. You can also add magnets to anything you want to hang, like makeup or a small storage basket.
- Stacking Shelves – Put that tall storage space to good use. Stacking shelves give you more space to organize things and are pretty easy to come by.
- Pedestal Sink Storage – Pedestal sinks are so cute, but man, they do nothing for storage! Find matching shelving units or nightstands that will fit on each side of the sink.
- Command Hooks – These easy-to-use hooks are perfect for hanging items without putting holes in the wall. Use them on vertical surfaces like walls, the door, or even inside cabinet doors to maximize the space.
- Tiered Cake Stand or Organizer – This is the perfect countertop bathroom organization idea that's not only decorative but also lets you use a product that you may already have and hardly ever use.
Pro Tip: Put Facebook Marketplace and other online thrifting sites to good use when you're looking for bathroom organization ideas. It's a great way to save some money while finding good storage solutions.
Let's not forget the shower or bathtub area of the bathroom! Sometimes there's just not enough storage for everybody who uses the shower. Or maybe you're tired of the endless bath toys that you have to move in and out of the tub every time you need to use it. Use our bathroom organization ideas and you'll be singing a new tune in no time!
- Hanging Shower Caddy – This is a fantastic way to add more storage to your shower! They hang over the showerhead and have suction cups to keep them in place. A rust-resistant caddy will last you an especially long time.
- Corner Plastic Suction Tray – Put unused spaces in the corners of the shower to good use! A plastic suction tray is a cheap option that'll last you for a long time. They're perfect for holding lightweight bottles, bars of soap, and razors.
- Tension Rod Under the Showerhead – If you have a tension rod just waiting for a purpose, put it to good use in the shower! You can place it right underneath the showerhead and hang your most-used items on it, like loofas or body scrubbers.
- Corner Tension Pole Shower Caddy – This corner tension pole shower caddy is a great way to get a lot of storage in your shower, and it can hold a good amount of weight from shampoo, body wash, and conditioner bottles.
- Tension Rod Basket Hanger – Use a tension rod to hang baskets for toy storage! Hang it horizontally, from the front to the back of the tub, right above the top of the tub where kids can easily reach. Kids will be able to take them out and put them away completely on their own!
- Suction Cup Mesh Bag – This is another great way to hold bath toys that allows them to dry while also getting them up on the wall and out of the way.
Whew, well there you have it… 28 amazingly useful bathroom organization ideas that will help you to conquer those problem areas in your life.
Are there any bathroom organization ideas or hacks that have worked for YOU? Share them with us in the comments below!
Do you know what else will help you tackle your issues like this in your house and life? Our very own Productivity Boot Camp!
We'll help you tackle those pain points in your life and set up systems that will help your life and home run more efficiently. It'll free up the time spent doing unnecessary tasks so you'll have more time to do the important things in your life! Use the code FCFBLOG for 10% off at discount, just because we love ya. 😉
Looking for more ways to make your life more organized and productive?
- Do your laundry the unconventional way. You know, the way that broke the internet when we first released it?!
- Keep your mind sharp and organized by doing a brain dump before you go to bed! You'll be amazed at how the stress fades away and you're able to get more things done during the day.
- We have 7 great nighttime routine hacks that will make your whole day run more efficiently!