Warning: the organization apps we're about to share might lead to extreme productivity. No, really, though. If you've been struggling to stay organized and productive, the key to success might be right in the palm of your hand!
We recently had a revelation of sorts. When we think about our most productive days, it all boils down to one thing. Yup. You guessed it! Our phone.
*Note: When you click the links in this post, we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
It's a “for better or worse” type of situation. Your phone can either be a distraction all day or help keep you productive and moving! The choice is yours, but we're about to share some tips that might change your life. Keep on reading for 10 organization apps you need to download ASAP. Let's jump right in, eh?
3 GROCERY SHOPPING & MEAL PLANNING APPS WE LOVE
We've said it before, and we'll say it again. Keep. Your. Grocery. List. IN YOUR PHONE! We know writing it on a cute paper to stick on the outside of your fridge is tradition, and heck, maybe even helpful. But… how many times have you gone to the store without your phone? Okay, now how many times have you gone without your paper list? Exactly. These apps can help:
- Todo Cloud – Todo Cloud is an app that is super easy to use for lists (and makes a pretty little noise every time you add an item to the list, which is a bonus!). Make a grocery list in seconds, and you're good to go. (Check out this post if you want a few grocery shopping tips and tricks!)
- FavorEats – You guys know how much we love FavorEats, right? It's a shelf cooking dream! You can find recipes and build a meal plan based on ingredients you already have at home. Hello, extra time and money! Use code JORDAN15 for 15% off.
- Any List – Grab new recipes, store favorite recipes, and create and share a grocery list with Any List. It's perfect for spouses or roommates who share the grocery shopping duties!
At a loss for what to cook? We can help! These 100+ dinner ideas will take the hassle out of meal planning.
ORGANIZATION APPS THAT HELP WITH TIME MANAGEMENT
Where did the day go?! If you find yourself saying that more than once per week, then you might need one of these organization apps:
- Focus Keeper – The Focus Keeper app gets 4.8/5 stars from its users who rave that it's a lifesaver for folks who are distracted, anxious, or unmotivated. It uses the Pomodoro method to divide work into 25-minute, highly productive chunks of time, and you can set and track productivity goals, too.
- Endel – If you have trouble focusing or relaxing, definitely check out the Endel app! It plays background music that's been proven to make you way more productive than ordinary playlists. It even works well as part of a pre-bedtime routine, too!
- Toggl – Whether your a business owner, a freelancer, or an hourly employee, the Toggl app is a no-brainer! It helps you track time spent on projects down to the minute. Even if you don't need it for work, it's a fascinating way to keep track of how you're spending time so you can spot any problem areas.
We feel more productive already, but we're not finished yet! Are you ready to kick procrastination to the curb and tackle some chores?!
ORGANIZATION APPS THAT HELP WITH CHORES
Okay, we get it. No one likes doing chores, but since they're necessary, why not find a way to make them a lot less stressful and a little more fun?! Here are two apps that may help:
- Spotless – Does anyone else struggle to remember the last time they changed the sheets? The Spotless app is pure genius! You can add every room in your home (it's totally customizable) and then set up a list of chores for each room. For example, in the bathroom, your checklist might include emptying the trash, cleaning the shower door, mopping the floors, wiping down the counters, cleaning the toilet, etc. For every task, you can set up a schedule and reminder. (Ex: change the sheets every Monday, clean the toilet on Tuesday, etc.) By the way, if you need help building a cleaning schedule, we've got you covered.
- OurHome – The OurHome app is perfect for families! You can assign chores to different family members, set rewards, and more! It includes an integrated calendar and grocery list feature, as well.
And speaking of families, these next app recommendations are especially for parents! We need all the help we can get, right?!
THE BEST ORGANIZATION APPS FOR PARENTS
Moms and dads, we know you've got a lot on your plate! Use that phone to your advantage and put some systems in place that will help you keep all the balls in the air. Here are two apps that will help:
- Google Calendar – We don't know what we'd do without our Google calendars! We keep track of homework that's due, doctor's appointments, date nights, babysitting schedules, you name it! Set up calendar invites, add your spouse, and include important reminders in the notes. For example, we set calendar invites for our kid's spelling tests and write their spelling words in the notes section of the calendar invite. It makes it super easy to pull out your phone and quiz them while you're out and about. No more paper lists to keep up with!
- Parent Cue – Okay, this app kind of gives us all the feels! From birth to high school graduation, you'll spend around 936 weeks with your kiddo (yup, they did the math!). The Parent Cue App gives you new ideas each week so you know what to say to your child, what you can do together, and how you can empathize with their current phase. It's a bit of a game-changer, Freebs! It's the next best thing to having a pediatrician on call 24/7.
Did we mention the Parent Cue app is free? Run, don't walk, to the app store!
HOW DO YOU USE YOUR PHONE TO STAY ORGANIZED?
Those are just a few of the apps we think are worth a try, along with some tips and tricks that we hope will help you get and stay organized! We'd love to hear from you, though.
How you use your phone to stay organized or productive? Leave your best tips in the comments!
Looking for a few more productivity tips?
- Find what the block schedule is and how it will change your life!
- Check out Jordan Page's highly popular Productivity Planner.
- Find out what we do on the weekend to hack our week, so it runs a lot more smoothly!
Catch ya on the flip side!