Dads deserve all the love in the world, and now's the time to show them! These easy Father's Day ideas will help you plan a day to remember. Keep reading for quick, cheap, and fun tips for planning activities, decorations, cards, and more!
Not ready for dad's big day? Before you break into cold sweats as Father's Day approaches, stressing about what to do for the men in your life, take a deep breath. When you're done, keep reading!
*Note: When you click the links in this post, we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
We've scoured the web, so you don't have to, and we're going to share some of the most adorable ideas you'll ever see! Best of all? All these ideas are procrastinator-friendly and work for any budget! Let's do this!
FATHER'S DAY DECORATION IDEAS
One of the best parts of a celebration is the decorations! If you're stumped about how to decorate for Father's Day, try one of these ideas:
- Rustic Father's Day Theme – Go for a farmhouse or rustic vibe and order this adorable Father's Day banner on Amazon for under $10! Serve food in mason jars to add to the theme!
- Father's Day Balloons – Head to The Dollar Tree, or order this set of Super Dad balloons on Amazon for less than $8.
- Paper Chains – Get the kids in on the action, and have them create paper chains. You can decorate and customize to your heart's content and sprinkle in some tie-shaped decor, too.
- Print Out Family Favorite Photos – Create a wall collage with a little string and some clothespins! Hang your favorite photos and memories on the wall to honor dad.
- World's Coolest Dad – Bring the beach inside! Decorate your kitchen table with colorful sunglasses, and gift dad a sand bucket full of fun little trinkets.
- We Love You Because Sign – Grab some poster board, and write this in big letters right in the center: “We love you because….” Then, get to work! Jot down a few things you love about your husband, and then have your kids do the same.
Keep it simple and try to find decor pieces you can reuse on another holiday, too. Blue streamers, for example, are perfect to use at a birthday party or baby shower in the future!
FATHER'S DAY GIFT IDEAS
Gifts don't have to be expensive or complicated. In fact, the best ones AREN'T! What they should be is fun, meaningful, and an expression of love. Here are three quick gift ideas, but we've got TONS more in this post about Father's Day gift ideas, so be sure to check that out, too!
- Print a Photo Book – Make a special Father’s Day photo book just for him! Pick your favorite photos of him or create them around a theme.
- Make a Playlist – Fire up Spotify and start adding songs that remind you of dad to a playlist! It's a gift that costs nothing, means a lot, and will last forever.
- Homemade Coupon Book – Sit down with the kids and brainstorm some acts of service you could offer up for dad, then turn those ideas into a little coupon book! For example: wash his car, mow the lawn, bake his favorite treat, etc. Pinterest has lots of great ideas for this!
If you have kids old enough to help with the gifting and planning, let them get involved! (#RaisingCapableKids) Here's a whole post about things kids can do for their dad on Father's Day.
CAKES & SWEET TREATS DAD WILL LOVE
Who doesn't love celebrating a holiday with a sweet treat or two?! Try whipping up one of these for dad:
- Mini German Pancakes – It doesn't get much easier than these mini German pancakes. Bonus points if you serve them to him in bed!
- Chocolate Chip Cookies – These chocolate chip cookies are basically everything! We guarantee you, dad will LOVE them.
- Chocolate Lava Cake – Bring the bakery home with this incredible chocolate bundt cake! Spoiler alert: it's just doctored cake mix.
- Banana Bread – There aren't many things as comforting as grandma's banana bread, and we've got the recipe!
- Ooey Gooey Bars – You guys. People are raving about the ooey-gooey bars on our Shelf Cooking blog, and we can't think of a better time to try them!
- Chocolate Covered Strawberries – These chocolate-covered strawberries look and taste expensive, but they're so cheap and easy to make! Dad will love them.
Gosh, now we're starving! Please ignore our keyboard drool.
5 HOMEMADE FATHER'S DAY CARD IDEAS
Skip the Hallmark aisle at the drugstore this year and make your own cards! Here are five ideas worth trying:
- Hand Print Card – Have your kids place their paint-covered hands on the front of dad's card, or trace their little hands and cut cards in that shape.
- Nailed It – Fold your paper in half, and write this message on the front: When it comes to #DadLife, we think you're nailing it!” Draw a hammer and some nails for extra fun.
- Rocket Ship – Draw a rocket or have the kids draw one, and then write “We love you to the moon and back.”
- Hamburger & Fries – Get a little crafty and make a construction paper hamburger and a box of fries to go with it! Cut some “fries” and write a sweet message on each one.
- Pizza – Cut a triangle “pizza slice” and color and decorate it using felt or construction paper. Write this message on it: “Dad, you'll have a pizza my heart!” Bonus points if you cut the pepperoni in heart shapes!
Pretty fun, huh?! Oh, we're not done yet! Let's talk about some family activities you can plan for Father's Day this year!
5 ACTIVITIES THAT ARE PERFECT FOR FATHER'S DAY
Besides relaxing, what can you do with dad this year? We've got a few ideas that will work for any budget:
- Go Fishing – Spend a day on the water without spending a dime!
- Take a Family Bike Ride – If the weather is nice, get outside and take a bike ride at dad's favorite park.
- Have a Movie Marathon – Not sure what to watch? Check out our movie night idea list!
- Grill Out – Invite grandpa over, too! Nothing beats a backyard family BBQ.
- Play Games – Host your own family Olympics, start up a backyard cornhole match, or break out dad's favorite board games for a family game night.
Those all sound like fun to us! Can we come over?!
There you have it! You've got tons of easy ways to show dad you care this year. We hope these Father's Day ideas help you plan the perfect celebration.
What do you have planned for dad this year? Share your plans and ideas in the comments!
Don't forget about our Secret Sauce online budgeting program, Budget Boot Camp! It's a super fun video program that makes money easy to understand. All you need is a screen, and you're set!
Remember, if you don't save at LEAST what you paid for the program, we'll refund every dime. You've got nothing to lose! Use the code FCFBLOG to get an extra 10% off.
Looking for more holiday prep tips?
- Moms deserve love, too! Check out these Mother's Day gift ideas.
- Learn how we make Christmas and holiday traditions to remember.
- These affordable July 4th ideas are sure to make your holiday a blast!
Happy Father's Day!
I like popcorn as a food gift and it’s tasty. father’s day gift.