This is a great article for those who have more gourmet tastes, especially. Some of her tips include:
- When using prosciutto in a recipe, go for the cheap stuff or use good ol' bacon. Save the expensive, “real” stuff for when you're serving it straight-up.
- With coffee, skimp on everything except the beans. Buy nice beans, and buy cheap-o everything else!
- If oil is going to be cooked, you can use vegetable oil or cheap olive oil. When serving it as a vinaigrette, use 2/3 olive oil; no need for “extra virgin” labels. It's MUCH cheaper than EVOO!
- For organic fruits, don't worry about going organic on fruits that have thicker peels like avocados, bananas, and oranges (to name a few).
- Store-brand sugar and fancy sugar are nearly indistinguishable! Same with butter.
Check out all the other great tips HERE.