- The site I use the most is Shabby Princess. They have lots of free digital scrapbooking kits that you can download. They haven't added new free kits for a year or so, so they don't have a lot of new inventory…however, their kits are the cutest and most complete that I've seen. Like this one:
I used GIMP to cut and piece them all together!
- I opened each paper individually
- I chose the one that I wanted for my background.
- The other papers I wanted to cut shapes from, so I pulled up the page I wanted:
- And I chose the shape select tool. I used both the rectangle and circle buttons for different parts of my invite. The rectangle button is highlighted below, the circle select is right next to it:
- Choose the shape you want, and click and drag it on your paper until you get the shape and size you want:
- Once you have the shape, go to EDIT and CUT
- The shape will disappear from the purple paper.
- Go to your “background” paper and simply PASTE the circle. So easy!