Recently I did a “Drugstore Beauty Favorites” video, showing what affordable products I use for my everyday makeup. Since then I've had repeated requests for a FULL makeup tutorial, and tips for finding good deals on makeup. You ask, Mama J delivers! Today I'm showing you my go-to, 5 minute makeup tutorial! I do this look, or slight variations of this look, every single day. This is a full face of makeup including highlighting and contouring, eyeshadow, foundation, blush, and if you give yourself an extra minute or two, even false lashes (which are quicker for me now than doing layers of mascara)!
I'm also sharing my serious secrets to finding KILLER deals on my favorite makeup and beauty products.
First, see the makeup tutorial!
Watch online HERE or click and watch below:
Not too bad, right?
Again, this really can be done in 5-6 minutes, especially if you find you want to cut out a few steps! With time it gets faster and faster, and I'm truly at the point where I just keep my makeup bag in the car and can do it while I'm waiting for my kids to come out of preschool!
Now, for the other details:
Get paid for buying makeup!
Freebs…I'm beating a dead horse here. I've talked about Ebates a million times before (see HERE especiall!). If you aren't using them, you're CRASZY! Ebates is the largest Cash Back site which partners with over 2,000 of biggest name brands like Sephora, ULTA, Nordstrom, Macy’s, Target, Walmart (even Groupon!) to bring you Cash Back, coupons and promo codes…all for free.
You can do it 3 ways:
- 1 – Click through links found on Ebates and then shop on the stores’ websites like you normally would.
- 2 – Download their shortcut into your browser and it automatically pops up when you're shopping on a site that partners with Ebates (recommended!)
- 3 – Download their app and shop through their app, if you prefer mobile shopping.
REMEMBER! You’ll get a $10 Welcome Bonus after you join for free with THIS LINK and place your first purchase of $25 or more. Once you sign up you get your own link that you can share with others, just like how I'm sharing my link with you! You get paid, they get paid, it's genius.
Ebates pays you all of the Cash Back you earn every 3 months in the form of a check or through PayPal. I've earned over $5,000 over the years!
BLACK FRIDAY DEALS!!
Like I said in the video, Ebates is DOUBLING Cash Back for their Black Friday Week promotion from Nov 21-27 at stores like ULTA, Nordstrom, Macy’s, JCPenney, Kohl’s, Old Navy, Nike and many more. Plus, on Black Friday Nov 25th, and on Cyber Monday Nov 28th, over 500 stores will join with Double Cash Back for one day only so be sure to check back at Ebates for those deals.
Black Friday Week Double Cash Back deals at Ebates (Nov 21-27)
- ULTA – was 3%, now get 6% Cash Back
- Nordstrom – was 2%, now get 6% Cash Back
- Macy’s – was 3%, now get 6% Cash Back
- Kiehl’s – was 4%, now get 8% Cash back
- American Eagle – was 2%, now get 4% Cash Back
- ASOS – Was 2.5%, now get 5% Cash Back
- Barney’s New York – was 3%, now get 6% Cash Back
- Bloomingdale’s – was 3%, now get 6% Cash Back
- JCPenney – was 3%, now get 6% Cash Back
- Kohl’s – was 3%, now get 6% Cash Back
- LOFT – was 2%, now get 4% Cash Back
- Lord and Taylor – was 3%, now get 6% Cash Back
- Neiman Marcus – was 4%, now get 8% Cash Back
- Nike – was 1.5%, now get 3% Cash Back
- Old Navy – was 2%, now get 4% Cash Back
- Overstock.com – was 2%, now get 4% Cash Back
- Saks Fifth Avenue – was 4%, now get 8% Cash Back
- The Body Shop – was 4%, now get 8% Cash Back
- UGG Australia – was 3.5%, now get 7% Cash Back
- And more…
…Have I convinced you yet??
Really though, jump on this wagon with all the cool frugal kids, and thank me later.
Now, onto the makeup!
Here are the products I used:
NOTE: For a drugstore version of this look, GO HERE!
- Ka Brow cream gel for eyebrows. I got this as a sample in my Ipsy bag and love it! However, for an alternative, I'm still a big fan of my $1 NYC eyebrow pencil too!
- Maybelline 24 hour Eye Studio color tattoo in Barely Branded (or HERE on Amazon)
- Real Techniques shadow brush or HERE from Target
- Too Faced Natural Eyes eyeshadow palette
- Any eyelash curler (mine is Revlon but I think there are many brands that work great!)
- Maybelline The Colosal Volum waterproof mascara
- Rimmel Rich Brown eyeliner
- Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse
- Bare Minerals mineral foundation (has SPF 15 in it!)
- Real Techniques retractable Kabuki brush
- Too Faced Coco Contour palette (a splurge, so put it on your Christmas list!)
- Real Techniques brush
- An old Masckara Beauty brush that she gave me, I'm not sure she sells them any more! So I would use one of the Real Techniques brushes.
- E.L.F Peach Perfection cream blush
- Real Techniques powder brush
- Duo glue (I use Dark Tone in the video, but don't actually recommend it – just go with the clear!)
- KISS False lashes
- Stilla Stay All Day liquid lipstick in Bellisima. This is a splurge that I normally would NOT spend, but I've been on the hunt for a LipSense copycat for you and this one is the closest I've gotten so far!
Again, for a drugstore version of this look, GO HERE!
So there you have it. Hopefully that helped give you a better idea of how I do my makeup, and the products I love. Be sure to sign up for Ebates, and have fun shopping this week for Black Friday!
Have a great week! XO