Oh boy. Does anyone else’s budget need a clean sweep? Summer is over, our flowers are wilting, the school papers are piling up, and our wallets are in shock from all the fun we’ve had over the summer! #AmIright?? If you’re anything like me, you look at Fall as a time to reboot, recover from a busy summer, and focus on finances so as to gear up for an expensive winter!
That’s right Freebs, believe it or not…
CHRISTMAS. IS. COMING (enter foreboding music). Or, bills must be paid. Or school supplies must be bought. Or a big Spring Break vacation is going to come up sooner than you realize. Whatever it is that is (or will be) dragging down your wallet can really add stress and angst to your life! Well, not any more.
This year will be different.
This year we will stay on top of our budgets. We will pay off those credit cards. We will shop ahead and spend wisely. We will save up to have enough for the Holidays. Have no fear, Mama J is here to make sure it happens for us all!
I’m declaring this the
“September to Remember”; our Focus on Finance month is back…and I want YOU to join in!
I know many people do “No Spend September” but let’s be honest…it’s not realistic. It’s like a diet of only lemon water and pepper for a month. YES! You WILL get results, by golly! And it certainly kick-starts your weight loss journey. But…what has it taught you long-term? Has it taught you to make good food choices? How to lose weight AND enjoy actually eating?
I believe in balance, AND a good kick-start, so that’s what we are doing! I’ve created an entire calendar of challenges, tips, and things to do to not only kick-start the best budget of your life, but it allows you to live normally and create lifelong habits.
Here’s how it will work, and how easy it will be to follow along:
Focus on Finances Month:
- First, sign up FOR THIS SPECIAL EMAIL LIST, just for the Focus on Finances challenge. We will email you the posts and printables you might have missed in your busy life!
- Next, follow along with this calendar all month long! You can get your printable copy HERE.
- Each of us are going to set a goal for September. Get your goal printable HERE.
Take some time TONIGHT to write down at least one goal for the month. MAYBE 2, tops. Don’t overdo it! I suggest it to be a small, attainable goal that can be accomplished in 30 days or less. Make it doable, but make it tough! The rest of the lines can be for goals for subsequent months.
- All our posts for September will be geared around ways to help you save money, in some creative form or another, so be sure to sign up for our emails (upper right corner) and keep your eye on the blog for great content!
- And between great posts, every day on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter, I will be posting quick savings tips to help, so be sure to follow those social media channels!
Again, be sure to sign up on THIS email list to get the blog posts and other helpful resources sent to your inbox, so you don’t have to worry about checking in every day!
I hope you join me this month in whipping your wallet into shape, as I hope to do with mine. My goal is to save $500 by month’s end to go toward a cruise we just booked for January with some friends! I filled out the goal sheet and to save $500 in 30 days means I need to save about $17/day. Not too bad when you break it down like that! So, whattya say…
Are you in?? If so, what is your goal? What will the saved money go toward?
I recommend putting it toward debt first, otherwise it could go for Christmas, savings, vacation, or whatever else you have coming up that drains the wallet. I’m excited, I hope you are too!