First of all, thank you for all the kind congrats and regards on my announcement yesterday. Seriously blown away by how sweet you all are! *group hug*
Second, I have to thank you also for introducing ME to a free grocery app that saves you money at the grocery store…an app that I had NO IDEA existed…that I’m now a huge fan of!
You all know I love price-matching. But many of you complained that my methods didn’t work in some of the cities you live in. I was recently tagged on Instagram by a Freeb who asked me if I had heard of an app called Flipp. I hadn’t, so I’ve spent the last few weeks checking it out. It’s awesome! It’s a great solution for YOU – whether you coupon, price-match, or simply want to save money without doing much of anything.
I decided to do a post and video to show you 1) How it works, 2) How I like to use it, and 3) give you additional tips for how to save loads of money at the grocery store!
Check out this video about why I like it and how to use it, then come back so I can give you even more info below:
Now, let’s review what we learned about this app and how you can use it to save you tons of money:
• Flip – Browse through weekly local circulars quickly and intuitively
• Coupons – Maximize savings using coupon match-ups
• Shopping List – Plan ahead and stay organized while shopping by adding items to the
in-app list; discover deals for each item on the list and check them off at the store
• Search – Easily find a specific store, item or brand
• Clippings – Tap an item in a flyer to clip it for price-matching
• Item Details – Find additional product information and reviews
• Discount Slider – Find the best savings at a glance
• Notifications – Receive reminders about expiring clippings as well as updates on offers at nearby retailers to ensure a deal is never missed
THINGS TO WATCH OUT FOR:
- Don’t buy it if you don’t need it. Just because it’s on sale or has a coupon, doesn’t mean you SHOULD buy it! If you don’t need it, won’t use it, or don’t have the money for it, don’t buy it. No matter how good of a deal it is. This goes for groceries but especially NON-grocery items.
- Don’t go to the store more often because of this app. Only go to the store 1 time per week, no matter what! If you run out of milk, have toast instead of cereal. Borrow from a neighbor or go without, but
- Don’t waste! If you find yourself keeping more groceries in your fridge because you can afford to buy/cook more, or because you’re only going to the store once instead of every few days, be very careful not to let it go bad! Some produce especially goes bad quickly. So make sure to create a meal plan that rotates through the food before it goes bad, or you could always freeze it.
Thanks again, Freebs!