One of the main questions I get asked is about FRUGAL FASHION! Freebs want to know how to look good on a serious budget. It’s no secret that much of my wardrobe I have bought online (aside from yard sales). With 4 little kids I just don’t have time to go to stores any more! But for many of us shopping online is INTIMIDATING, especially because return policies can be a nightmare. What if it doesn’t fit right? Doesn’t look good? Isn’t nice quality once I get it? The struggle is real.
I teamed up with Jane.com, an online shopping marketplace I L-O-V-E. Vendors and boutiques from all over sell their items on Jane, so the inventory is abundant and always changing. The prices are FAB, which makes my heart sing. A few weeks ago I shopped their entire site and picked a variety of items that stood out to me for various reasons. They sent me the items so I could do a video to show you exactly WHY I picked them, WHAT I look for, and HOW I’m able to buy things online and almost always have it fit well and look good! I even touch on shopping for kids clothes, accessories, and little gadgets to make sure there was something for everyone in this video!
(Psst see how I fit shopping into my budget HERE!)
Now, on with the tips!
Watch the video online, or watch below:
So there you go! That’s a handful of different items that I would spend my money on any day (which is exactly why my closet is full of items just like that). To summarize, here are some things I look for in clothes and accessories when shopping online:
- Mix-and-match: can be paired with different pieces in different ways; makes for an unlimited wardrobe!
- Loose-fitting (on purpose)
- Good length (not too short or cropped)
- Sleeves that can be scrunched or rolled in case they aren’t long enough (or are too long)
- Neutral colors are my jam (they go with ANYTHING!)
- Girl dresses (and nice kid clothes in general): Something they can grow into and wear for longer than a few months, non-satin or silk, not too trendy of a style so it can be passed down from kid to kid.
- Accessories: under $20, and if it’s a staple piece (like a watch) I look for neutral and a style that would go with any outfit
- Gadgets: Under $20, and I look for something that would be a great gift to have on-hand for someone.
Hopefully that was helpful in some way or another!
Check out Jane.com, and be sure to check out my other YouTube videos for lots of other frugal living goodness! Since we’re on the subject of videos, just for kicks here’s mine and Bubba’s most recent Bachelorette recap. It’s probably our best one yet (because we were so bored we took to all sorts of shenanigans to keep us entertained). Enjoy!
Have a great Thursday!