As mentioned in this post about how I threw a bird-themed baby shower for just $25, one of the hits of the party were my (ridiculously easy and delicious) 10-minute mini quiches! Today I thought it was time to share my secret and share this mini quiche recipe that is PERFECT for parties, brunch, breakfast, showers, or hiding in your closet on a bad day and downing the entire batch while wearing sweat pants. Either way. They aren’t super egg-y (they are more of a muffin texture), and they are very inexpensive to make (because you most likely have all the ingredients on-hand) so they really are perfect for parties and gatherings because you can make huge batches for pennies. Hope you enjoy!
10-Minute Mini Quiche:
Get printable version of the recipe HERE
- 6 slices of bacon, or 1/2 to 1 C (real bacon) bacon bits
- 1 onion chopped, or 2-4 Tablespoons dried minced onion (I was lazy, and it tasted just fine!)
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 C buttermilk baking mix (I used Bisquik)
- 1-2T chopped green onion, or parsley if preferred
- 1-2C shredded cheddar cheese (depending on how much cheese you like! I did about 1.5 C)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease 2 Mini Muffin Pans
- Fry up bacon until crisp, if using slices of bacon. Drain, crumble or dice, and set aside.
- Beat the eggs. Mix in all ingredients, spoon in greased muffin pans (fill cups to the top).
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the tops are slightly browned. Mine are plenty done by 10 minutes. Allow quiches to cool before removing from the pan with a small knife or spatula.
Printable version of this recipe found HERE
Really, SO easy! You can toss in, remove, or add all sorts of combinations of different ingredients…
- spinach, artichoke, and mozzarella or swiss
- Crab, onion, and swiss
- Mushroom and spinach
- Ham & cheese
- Whatever else you have lying around! If you like it in an omelet, you’ll like it in these.
If you want them even MORE like a muffin, you can increase the Bisquick. If you want them cheesier, add cheese! If you want them eggier, add more egg! You can’t mess these up, so have fun with it.
Again, they are perfect for parties. Look at how cute they are??
Adapted from THIS original recipe.
Hope you enjoy!