- I count calories and track them thru my fitness pal app that is free. I ate between 1400-1700 in the beginning, it just varied day to day.
- I eat eggs, ground turkey, apples, peanut butter, bananas, chicken, protein shakes, turkey burgers, broccoli, cauliflower, almond milk, low calorie pasta, just basically as clean and healthy as I can be. It was a learning curve in the beginning to figure out what to eat, but thats why I love calorie counting because I can eat a piece of cake and still stay on my “diet”.
- I log what I eat. If you are wanting to be friend on my fitness pal, my username is dianawinksmith.
Now with my diet since I have learned quite a bit about myself and how my body is with certain foods, I eat 1300-1500 calories a day. Same types of foods. I used to have a cheat meal once a week but now I have limited that to twice a month. My body doesn't crave the foods anymore like I used to. I don't perform as well when I run and I get extremely sick.
- I started out walking 1-2 miles a day with my kids in the double stroller. I would use a pedometer to track my distance. I tried to burn anywhere between 200-500 calories per workout.
- As time went on and I got stronger, I started to try running. I got into running about 4 months into my journey and have just gotten stronger and built up my endurance. I eventually purchased a polar ft4 watch that tracked how many calories I burned. I highly recommend this watch and will be doing a post about it on Monday.
- I completed my first 5k in August of last year and then did my first half marathon in October. Through all of that training, I lost around 50 lbs.
- I joined a gym right after my half marathon and have now been incorporating weight lifting in to my workouts which I know has made a huge change in my body.
- I try and burn now between 500-1000 calories a workout.
I get asked a lot how I can do so much. Well, my body just craves an intense workout. I love to run and running burns lots of calories. I need to keep pushing myself and anything below that wouldn't be.
For more healthy tips check out the following posts:
And if you are looking to whip your wallet into shape, don't forget about my Secret Sauce online budgeting program, Budget Boot Camp! Super fun video program that makes money easy to understand. All you need is a screen and you're set!