They not only taste great, but the recipe is easy-peasy as well.Now introducing:
So there you go! Here's the recipe I used, adapted straight from the Betty Crocker Cookbook: Everything You Need to Know to Cook Today (can't go wrong with good ol' Betty).
1 cup butter or stick margarine, softened
3/4C granulated sugar
3/4C packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 large egg
2 1/4C all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
12 oz (2C) semisweet chocolate chips or chopped, leftover candy
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Beat butter, sugars, vanilla, and egg on medium speed.
3. Stir in flour, baking soda, and salt. Dough will be stiff.
4. Stir in chocolate.
5. Drop by rounded spoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto an ungreased baking sheet.
6. Bake 8-10 minutes, or until light brown (centers will be soft). Don’t bake them too long – just until brown around the edges! Cool 1-2 minutes, then remove from cookie sheet to a wire rack.