- Had fun at my Studio 5 segment!
- Finally got my business cards in the mail. It’s about time I finally got around to ordering some, sheesh!
- Enjoyed some nice weather outside with water play. I put the water in a cookie sheet for my baby so she can splash in it…she LOVES it. She scoots it all over the deck too, which is hilarious.
Packed up and headed out for our FUN CHEAP OR FREE Romantic weekend getaway! MAN we were looking forward to it. My husband and I trade off holidays. He planned Valentine’s day, so I planned our anniversary. Here are all the ways we saved this weekend:
- I found these printed skinnies at Target for $11. I brought them home because I couldn’t tell in the dressing room if I loved them or not (they are pretty loud!).
- To save money on not having to pay a sitter for the weekend, we found friends to watch our kids for us for FREE. Awesome friends? YEEEEEEES. We will watch their kids for them overnight in exchange. SO worth it.
- We went to Park City, UT, an adorable up-scale resort town only about 45 minutes away from us. It was the perfect distance for a quick getaway.
Right now is their off-season. No more snow, no holidays, and it’s not summer vacation yet. It is THE PERFECT time to get a good deal on vacations. This is also the same for October; great cheap month to travel.
I made our reservations on their website. I signed up for their email list, hoping they would email us a coupon…they didn’t. Bummer. But they did have a box asking for special requests. I mentioned that it was our anniversary and asked them to put candles on the table for us…and they did! (no extra charge)
Each plate was about $50 each (ouch). However, on our menu we noticed a note that said “select eating menu offered until 6:30 pm. Ask your server for a menu.” It was 7:30, but we asked what it was all about. Our server said it was a discounted menu. We asked him if there was any way we could take advantage of it. He said, “not normally…but since it’s your anniversary, I’d be happy to.”
- It cost about the same.
- It was reeeeally cute and made me feel sexy.
- It serves a dual purpose! If we ever go to a beach where I don’t know anyone (like vacation or a cruise), I’ll totally wear it again!
Online it said our hotel served complimentary breakfast (one of the reasons I went with it in the first place) but they said they only do that during peak season. Lame-o.
- So for a cheap meal I went to my handy dandy coupon notebook (see explanation HERE under the “junk mail” section).
Then we hit the mall! I already had some awesome coupons sent to my phone from this sign I saw a while back:
- Before shopping I stopped into their information center. About a year ago I signed up for a Tanger “membership”. It’s $10 a year, but you get a free $10 gift card on your birthday…so it pays for itself! They send you exclusive coupons (that are awesome) via email and text.
Also, they have a table with tons of coupons you can just grab.
- As a Tanger member I get a coupon book every time I come that only members get. I also get free stroller rental, which is handy.
- While there, I ASKED the lady at the desk if there are any additional offers going on. Guess what? She said YES! She said that if I went to their Facebook page and “liked” them, I could buy a $50 gift card for $40. I held off because I didn’t know if I would spend $50, but I kept that in the back of my mind.
- I got nice, thick sweaters for Hutch (for next year) and summer polos, $2.39
- Cargo pants for Hutch, $1.64
- Shirts and tops for Priya, $1.59
- Pants for Priya, $2.39 and $1.59
WHEEW. It was a fun day.
We went to a fun Cinco De Mayo party at a friend’s house. It was so cute, and so fun!
- You cook it just like rice, so easy! I just added a little chicken bullion to mine for flavor, but you probably wouldn’t even need it.
- We seasoned Costco salmon with brown sugar, lemon/herb seasoning, red wine vinegar, rosemary, and garlic (random, I know).
- We wrapped it in foil and grilled it on medium for about 15-20 minutes…and I died. Literally. Died.
Sunday night I worked on a fun project I’m doing…I’ll post it this week.