You can use the bottle as-is without the self-warming feature, of course.
- COST, COST, COST. Warning, this product is expensive! I had $60 left on a prepaid visa card from my son’s flu shot study (remember HERE?) and this is how I chose to spend it. I ordered two bottles and two chargers so I’d always have some on-hand. MONEY WELL SPENT! Shipping is expensive too, so beware of that.
- Note: if you sign up for their email list you get 10% off your purchase. Be sure to do this!!
- Life-span. They say the warmer is only good for 3 months or 100 charges, whichever comes first. This is disappointing to me; I hoped it would last for a year or more…but I can see how it would have to die eventually.
- The nipple sizing: you must get the medium-flow nipples with the 8oz bottles, and the slow-flow nipples with the 5oz bottles; no mixing and matching when you order if you order a set. The slow-flow nipples leak slightly when you use them on the larger bottles, which is a bummer also.
- HOWEVER…I was very impressed with the company’s customer service. I emailed them asking if I could order the 8oz bottles but get the slow-flow nipples instead of the medium-flow ones. They said they are pre-packaged and couldn’t do that, but they sent me a complimentary pack of slow-flow nipples anyway. Very impressive!
For option two (feeding with formula) I have found you MUST have a good thermos. Too many times I have had formula and a bottle, but couldn’t find warm water or couldn’t figure out how to keep the pre-measured water warm while on the go.
It’s a simple concept, but I never would’ve thought of it without my mom!
Hope that makes life just a little bit easier next time you are out and about with baby