I went back to Oregon to visit my family, and fulfill our yearly tradition of going to the Oregon coast every Labor Day weekend. The weather didn’t disappoint; it might’ve been the first time I remember sweating on a beach in Oregon! Here are a few highlights of my trip:
Before leaving I did a few fun/cheap/free things:
- To occupy him and get a break from the heat I got this baby on clearance from Wal Mart:
- To get a little break from the hectic life of trying to plan a vacation with a newborn and toddler, I planned a super fun, super easy “ladies luncheon”.
- created an event on Facebook (I have a neighborhood mom group that I created for friends that live near me),
- chose a place and time,
- called ahead and made reservations at the restaurant,
- and showed up!
It was a blast, didn’t cost me anything (minus the price of my lunch), and was a fun event that brought people together and got us out of the house (and the heat!).
- I also made dinner for a friend who is sick and made extra for my family. I stuck it in the freezer and got 3 freezer meals out of doubling the recipe! Woo hoo!
- To cut down on weight, I ordered diapers from Costco ahead of time and had them shipped to my mom’s house so I didn’t have to pack them. Kirkland diapers are $5 off this month (until the 18th) and Costco.com always has free shipping!
- I went through my fridge and stuck everything I could in the freezer. Milk, cheese, produce, fruit, leftovers that were worth saving, everything!