We had another fun weekend so I thought I'd share a few of my savings!
- On Friday night we went to dinner and a hockey game with friends.
After dinner we used our free hockey tickets that came with our Salt Lake Pass to go to the final free game. Remember to utilize and take advantage of the freebies and coupons you have!
- Ticket Lady: “Ok, here are your tickets.”
- Me: “Ok, and I actually need to buy 2 more for friends of ours. What are your cheapest tickets?”
- Ticket Lady: “$10 each”
- Me: “Ok great. Do you have any discounts or deals or coupons available by chance?”
- Ticket Lady: “Um, no, not really…Oh, unless you get one of these from a Maverik gas station” (holds up a $5 off coupon).
- Me: “Oh bummer! I was at Maverik twice yesterday!” (true, but I probably would have said something like that anyway!)
- Ticket Lady: “Oh shoot. Do you have a receipt or anything?”
- Me: (digging through my purse) “Oh! I might!” (just chit chatting) “I feel so dumb, I actually went yesterday. Once for gas and then I went back for their soft serve ice cream. I'm pregnant and it just sounded so good, I was so embarrassed to go back again!” (laughing while digging). “Shoot, I must have thrown it away. Is there any way I could just use that one?” (pointing to the coupon in her hand)
- Ticket Lady: “Sure, no problem.”
- Me: “Thanks so much!” (continue to make small talk with her)
- Saturday my husband sold $350 worth of stuff through the classifieds in less than 20 minutes!! Remember how wonderful it is to SELL YOUR STUFF whenever possible!
He won an ipod touch from a contest and sold that (remember to enter to win stuff!), he sold our black Wii (he got won at a fake-money auction at a work conference) that we didn't need any more (because we got an Xbox from Oprah), and sold a DDR game we bought for cheap off of Craigslist.
- Later Saturday night we went to Texas Roadhouse with some other friends, using a birthday freebie that I still had.
- After that we had a playdate with 5 moms + their kids at my neighbors' house, and our son slept in 3 hours later than usual on Sunday morning! Playdates are a great FREE way to wear out your kids, and get some mommy time in too 🙂
- On Saturday and Sunday we watched General Conference which is always wonderful and relaxing.